Mississippi Lake Walleye Minimum Lenght

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Mississippi Lake Walleye Minimum Lenght

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

Hi All,

Just check the regulations and just found out that Mississippi Lake (Divison 10) has a minimum length for Walleye.

Walleye must be 35 cm (13.8 inches) or bigger (page 28).

So for those in the Baitcasters tourney please be aware of this. Hopefully everyone will be catching bigger Walleye than this.

Also, you can fish this tourney with just a conservation license as this license gives you 2 Walleye and 2 Pike (Sport license gives you 6 or each).

Remember, in a derby/tourney you cannot combine limits with 2 anglers. Each angler should be licensed to be able to have the legal limit of fish in their possession. This applies mainly to bass as you can have 6 in one day with a sport license. The reason for this is if one angler leaves the boat (i.e.: to get the trailer), the angler left in the boat is now in the possession of 5 bass. A conservation license will not do for bass tourneys as they limit you to just 2 bass.

Cheers,

Mike
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Great advice Mike.

You have just spelled out a lot of lessons learned the hard way.

thanks
M.T. Livewell
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

My live well has been checked many times on Mississippi Lake. I only keep fish 14" and over just to be safe.

Also the river at the west end of the lake in Innisville is a Fish Sanctuary so don't go up there during the tournament. Last year the CO's where looking for a boat that was up near the rapids fishing.

Also there is a minimum length for bass...so check the reg before fishing any body of water. I even keep a copy in my boat at all times...because I can't seem to remember all of the different restrections :wink:
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

As Eye-tracker says, here are the specifics.

Mississippi River/Lake exceptions (Division 10), pages 31 and 32:
Dalhousie Lake and Mississippi River within a 300 m (984 ft.) radius of the bridge of the twp. road crossing the Mississippi River where it enters Dalhousie Lake - Dalhousie Twp.
Fish sanctuary - no fishing from Mar. 1 - June 7 (1st Mon.).

Mississippi River - Drummond Twp., from 79.2 m (260 ft.) east to 240.8 m (790 ft.) west of Main Street.
Fish sanctuary - closed all year.

Mississippi River - Drummond Twp., from 79.2 m (260 ft.) east of Main Street to Mississippi Lake.

Mississippi River - Pakenham Twp., between the falls in the Town of Almonte and upstream side of bridge on Lanark County Road 20.
Bass minimum is 11.8 inches. Most tourneys have a 12" minimum anyways.

Cheers,

Mike
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

I have to watch for that, I just realized Head pond is in div 10 and I have never measured a fish.