The Rideau River is empty

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Anton88
Participant
Participant

The Rideau River is empty

Post by Anton88 »

Fished 3 locations during the past two days on the Rideau river, between Burrits Rapids and Manotick.. Used every type of lure & color, and natural baits like worms, liver, corn with strawberry flavour and cut fish.

I'm sorry to report that there are more boats then Fish in the Rideau River.

won't go there again
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

:lol: :lol:

You have to fish where the fish are!!!!! :roll:

20 feet to thet left of where you were :lol: :lol:
Anton88
Participant
Participant

Post by Anton88 »

muskymatt wrote::lol: :lol:

You have to fish where the fish are!!!!! :roll:

20 feet to thet left of where you were :lol: :lol:
yeah.. in a bunch of weeds.
There are only small fish left in that river man...
I have not seen one carp jump or pass by, only tiny bass and a ton-load of Sunfish ..

I'm pee pee. All the good locations are far away from ottawa.
(for me a good location is a Clean lake or river that is full of fish, that has deep water, good fishing spots, and a place to park your car...
you might know them better ...

*** Tell me a few places less then 100km away, (that not many people know of)..that are clean, (where you can eat the fish)...and "where you are Likely to get a Walleye or a Pike on your 2nd cast!" (from shore)
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

LOBLAWS :lol:
Anton88
Participant
Participant

Post by Anton88 »

joco wrote:LOBLAWS :lol:
:evil: ))
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

on rideau.mmm close to ottawa.

black rapids

down the rapids behind carleton university,on the rideau.

what about the ottawa river..tons off place to go frome shore.

hey its not always good go somebody go fishing we all ahve are 0 fish day..ok almost all have.. :lol: .

dont worry keep fishing they will bite.. :wink:

joco
Anton88
Participant
Participant

Post by Anton88 »

joco wrote:on rideau.mmm close to ottawa.

black rapids

down the rapids behind carleton university,on the rideau.

what about the ottawa river..tons off place to go frome shore.

hey its not always good go somebody go fishing we all ahve are 0 fish day..ok almost all have.. :lol: .

dont worry keep fishing they will bite.. :wink:

joco
:) did you read my post above?
It hast to be clean - The Rideau and the Ottawa river are far from it
However the Southern part of the Rideau , and the West part of Ottawa are much cleaner.
I would not eat fish that I catch downtown on the Rideau canal...
Rideau flows north and goes into ottawa river ..

Anyways... there are tons of little panfish there... that's not good
That means the big predators (big pike, walleye, musike, & large bass)...are not around

:roll:
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Lapointe Fish Market is a good place to go. You should be able to find the trail somewhere in the Byward market!!

Someone has found fish in the Rideau. maybe it's not where you fish:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewtopic.php?t=30103
Anton88
Participant
Participant

Post by Anton88 »

Wallyboss wrote:Lapointe Fish Market is a good place to go. You should be able to find the trail somewhere in the Byward market!!

Someone has found fish in the Rideau. maybe it's not where you fish:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewtopic.php?t=30103
Yeah... I saw that...

He got the only pike left...

Staying all day at the same spot just to catch one decent fish does not make make my day...
I'd rather have contineous action,..then one big fish

ohh, and at Lapointe you don't get Walleye, Pike, Bass or other great freshwater fish
Last edited by Anton88 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Salar »

Anton88 wrote:Anyways... there are tons of little panfish there... that's not goodThat means the big predators (big pike, walleye, musike, & large bass)...are not around
There are some large muskie on the Rideau river in around the Bronson bridge area. There are some decent bass both upstream and downstream of that area too. Wouldn't eat anything from around there though.
Anton88
Participant
Participant

Post by Anton88 »

Salar wrote:
Anton88 wrote:Anyways... there are tons of little panfish there... that's not goodThat means the big predators (big pike, walleye, musike, & large bass)...are not around
There are some large muskie on the Rideau river in around the Bronson bridge area. There are some decent bass both upstream and downstream of that area too. Wouldn't eat anything from around there though.
yeah.. fishing downtown for me is a No-no
HOCKEY HEAD
Participant
Participant

Rideau river

Post by HOCKEY HEAD »

The Rideau River is far from being empty. We fish between Beckets landing and Manotick all the time, keying on different areas each time we go out. You need to pick your times to avoid the speed boats etc. As with any body of water you have to take the time to learn where the hot spots are. So far this season we have caught Muskie, Walleye, Pike, Large mouth and Small mouth Bass. All of various sizes. As for being clean, it is a river and takes in all the run off from the surrounding area so it will not look like a clean lake, however it is so much healthier now than it was even 15 years ago that the fish actually fight when you catch them. We do keep the odd Walleye to eat, as we do from the lakes we fish...the biggest ones we catch are from the Rideau. I suggest you don't give up try a few more times avoiding the boat trafic. Good Luck! :)
Mitch24
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mitch24 »

Anton88 wrote: Anyways... there are tons of little panfish there... that's not good
That means the big predators (big pike, walleye, musike, & large bass)...are not around

:roll:
Little fish (panfish/baitfish) = Bigger fish (Pike, Muskie, Walleye). The more the little panfish, the more the huge predatory muskie (because the river can support muskie, so now all you need is the food supply to keep them around).

Other then that depends where your fishing, the Rideau is seeing A LOT of boats thanks to the nice weather, especially around the Burritts Rapids/Manotick area of the Rideau. Try fishing the Ottawa, or some lakes around here. You will catch fish if you go to the right place, at the right time, I wouldn't focus to much on the lure your using. If your using something that is imitating life fairly, and the fish see's it, you have won half the battle there. First focus on the importance of structure to the fish your going after. Also, try to stay away from the damn boats, there annoying in large numbers.
Crunchy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Crunchy »

Hmmm, nobody ever seems to notice that big thing up here......

its called Quebec. Come support the economy here, buy a QC licence, lots of lakes, clean, clear, and parking.

Woot Woot!
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

did you read my post above?

di you read mine........?

LOBLAWS.

hey there is not perfect water anywhere..NOW..there just some better some worst.

you can eat frome otawa or rideau river.

do you no where the fish you get at the market come frome..?

joco