Casselman & Nation River

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
big_al_395
Participant
Participant

Re: Casselman & Nation River

Post by big_al_395 »

avidangler wrote:There are a few launch's. One in Embrun. One in Casselmen right by the dam and a steep one in Limoge. The widest and deepest you will find is in Casselmen where the Nation and Castor meet, your boat would be fine there. I think the deepest Ive seen there was in the 20' range. Could you launch your boat at all of these places, yes. But in my opinion its a bit large for the limoge and Embrun launches/waterway. For instance at the limoge launch the river is probably 40-50' across. I prefer the 14' tinny with a 15 or smaller motor. Be mindful of dead heads the water is murky and they're just about everywhere.
Sounds good avidangler. Thanks for the info. I assume the one in casselman is at the high falls conservation area. That's the one I was thinking of launching from. I'll avoid the castor. Maybe I'll be stuck picking up a chaloupe....lol
avidangler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by avidangler »

Sounds good avidangler. Thanks for the info. I assume the one in casselman is at the high falls conservation area. That's the one I was thinking of launching from. I'll avoid the castor. Maybe I'll be stuck picking up a chaloupe....lol
Yes its the one at High falls conservation area. No problem and good luck.
Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you fishing gear and that's kinda the same thing.
Jules
Participant
Participant

Re:

Post by Jules »

Wallyboss wrote: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:04 am Where the Castor dumps into the Nation is usually a good spot for walleyes. Or right across from it there is a small bridge right in front of it. but if you keep on going straight on the Nation you can try at the mouth of all the small creeks.

Is this a good spot for ice fishing as well?
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

yes it can be,

seen a 9 pound walleye caught live in front of me right there at a ice fishing derby,

many oce shacks there. go talk to the guys,,,you will see,

its fishing. so get good and bad days,,,,,,but i di like that place.