Fish Humour

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Fish Humour

Post by slushpuppy »

(My apologies to any blondes out there :D )

Three blondes are sitting by the side of a river holding fishing poles with the lines in the water. A Game Warden comes up behind them, taps them on the shoulder and says, "Excuse me, ladies, I'd like to see your fishing licenses."

"We don't have any." replied the first blonde.

"Well, if your going to fish, you need fishing licenses." said the Game Warden.

"But officer," replied the second blonde,"we aren't fishing. All we have are magnets at the end of our lines and we're collecting debris off the bottom of the river."

The Game Warden lifted up all the lines and, sure enough, there were horseshoe magnets tied on the end of each line. "Well, I know of no law against it," said the Game Warden, "take all the debris you want." And with that, the Game Warden left.

As soon as the Game Warden was out of sight, the three blondes started laughing hysterically. "What a dumb Fish Cop," the second blonde said to the other two, "doesn't he know that there are steelhead in this river?!"
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Groan
:wink:
Kingmann
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Kingmann »

As much as I tried not to, I still laughed.

JasonM
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

SlushPuppy,

Without going into the gory details, I didn't have the greatest day; this was the 1st chance I had to log on. So when I read MT's funny thread and then saw yours, I got some much needed humor!

Thanks for a much-needed smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Are you heading out this weekend or next to do some feminine fishing? (That definitely does NOT sound the way it was meant to sound!!! UGH!)
Weather permitting, we may venture out. I'd really like to get out locally once before we head to Gananoque in 2 weeks.)

Have a great weekend, whatever you do.

W.
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

Hey Wolfe!!

Hadn't seen posts from you for a while... but then, I don't read everything in here. Some of it's a bit too techie for me.

Yes, we're going out this weekend. Bowzog has it all planned out. I had to read it in a post here before he told me anything about it :roll: I guess the lawn will have to wait to be mowed.

Hope everything's OK with you. Good luck fishing if you decide to go.

SP
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Hiya SlushPuppy,

Until yesterday, I was posting pretty frequently. I try to keep up with the threads, but some times there are just too many and often the technical stuff (boats/motors) falls into the hubby's zone...so I don't put in my 2 cents, as I'd be blowing steam on topics I know too little about. No one needs that kind of advice!

So how did you and Bowzog make out fishing? The only thing we fished for today was a new bike for my older son. Bit of a brisk wind and in the 40's this a.m., so we decided to bag the fishing today. We'll keep our eye on tomorrow, however (Mother's Day fishing!), or one late afternoon this week.

Let us know if you got anything today! Hope it was fun!!! :D

W.