I'm going fishing tomorrow

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

I'm going fishing tomorrow

Post by M.T. Livewell »

As I sit here and I type, I hear waa waa waa (Charlie Brown's teacher's voice) in the background. I turn around to see my boss is gesturing to a piece of paper with a furrowed brow and an agitated expression. I point to the headset, pretending to be on the phone. He raises his hand in silence with a "sorry I didn't realize you were on a call" expression. As he slides into the back ground, my mind wanders back to Mississippi lake and the pending tournament tomorrow. I imagine the non-descript faces in the sea of fish-hawk hats, as I admire the regatta of boats waiting for blast off. "Hi, I'm M.T. Livewell, but you can call me Bill" I yell over to the team of anticipated anglers, one wearing a fish-hawk, the other waiting patiently for FH to place the next order.

I mull over strategies of chatreuse jigs tipped with worms or minnows. I ponder the afternoon sunshine and warm back bays for cruising pike. I dream of cruising across the mighty Mississip with wind blowing through my hair (scalp) and can feel the warm sun on the back of my neck.

My boss strolls back and I point to my headset. He chooses to wait it out. So I end my mock phone call and return to the daily grind. He's ripping me a new one, but I can't wipe the smile off my face, because I know, deep down inside, I AM GOING FISHING TOMORROW.

:D
M.T. Livewell
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Steve G »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God, do I have days like that,,,ok, everyday.

MT, you have made good on your comic releif for today! :lol:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

M.T. - once again, you have a way of turning the mundane into the marvelous. Enjoyed your dialogue and could picture your boss: we've all been there, for sure! (Nice try with the mock phone conversation; I've relied on that stunt often.)

Have a GRRRRREAT day tomorrow and good luck at the tourney -- or at least your wish for warm back bays, cruising pike and the wind caressing your scalp. (Wear your sunscreen.)

:wink:

W.
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

I had big plans for today that got squashed by my boss too. Oh well, tomorrow will be SWEET!!! I can't wait! Give 'em hell at Baitcasters and then give us all the details. I'll let you know how Clayton was.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Monday for me...due to work :!: :x

But then it's as many hours as possible a day, for 5 days......HAHAHAHA :!: