Shore Pickeral

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
scttsmpsn
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Shore Pickeral

Post by scttsmpsn »

Nope not an new type of pickeral; looking for a spot where I could fish from shore. Possibly in Manotick along the Rideau or nearby. I am in Bridlewood and don't have the time to go far tomorrow. Someone mentioned fishing the Jock in Richmond. I know there is Pickeral in some parts of the Jock; what about Richmond and area? Any help would be great. I fish in Division 15 and the pickral doesn't open until next weekend!

Cheers, and good luck,

Scott
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

long Island locks in Manotick. Both of the peer and rear river.

Dave
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Shore Walleye

Post by Seaweed »

I used to like to jig below the dam where the Rideau River meets the Ottawa... near my buddy the Prime Ministers place .... across from the old city hall and right next door to France Embassy on Sussex.

This spot is killer for all types of fish. It must be the fact that when it rains the river kind of creates a waterfall with plenty of feed for forage fish that bring in the bigger fish. You just never know what you are going to hook into there..... try jigging with worm or minnow .....

Good luck and hang on to the rod... I once put one down there for a second and when I turned back it was gone.... :cry:
Karack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Shore Walleye

Post by Karack »

Seaweed wrote: Good luck and hang on to the rod... I once put one down there for a second and when I turned back it was gone.... :cry:
Hey Seaweed, did you put your rod down to reach for a smoke, a coffee or both?? :wink:

Karack
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Re: Shore Walleye

Post by slushpuppy »

Seaweed wrote:I used to like to jig below the dam where the Rideau River meets the Ottawa... near my buddy the Prime Ministers place .... across from the old city hall and right next door to France Embassy on Sussex.

This spot is killer for all types of fish. It must be the fact that when it rains the river kind of creates a waterfall with plenty of feed for forage fish that bring in the bigger fish.
...maybe it's from all the hot air down there. :)
fishin-gal
Participant
Participant

Post by fishin-gal »

:!: Caught a ten pound walley, shore fishing accross from Billings bridge Plaza in the Rideau River. This was a while back{not this year} but I bet the fishing is just as good now. I'll sure let you know. A hook, a minnow after midnight , rocky bottom shoreline seemed to be what the doctor ordered. Wow, What a great time. Can you believe I actually walked home with the catch of the night!! I know it's frowned upon but this guy is on my wall. I do believe in catch and release so don't everyone be mad at me please! Was one of the greatest nights!!!!!!!!! :P

Post by Guest »

heading down there today to drowned minnows ans throw a few crank baits around, great little spot. The fishing there has slowed a bit but there are still fish. 10 pounder is a great catch!
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Hmmmm...

Post by Cancatchbass »

I've got to ask-

Is it fishing al

or

fishin gal? :D

CCB
fishin-gal
Participant
Participant

Al or Gal?

Post by fishin-gal »

:oops: It's Fishin Gal, Thanks for asking!! :)
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

Jock river is a great place for shore fishing. Try along Steeple Hill rd. ( off Fallowfield) there is a little park along the river there. The Twin Elm bridge is another good spot, as well as any spot in Richmond. I grew up in Richmond and have caught many Trophy walleye from the Jock. Good Muskie. Pike, and Bass as well.
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

I was at the Jock landing last night and a chinese man with broken english caught a 8-10lbs Muskie on a 2inch black mister twister. I had to show him how to hold and release it...I think he wanted to keep it but it can be ca good area lots of bugs thow

DL
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hey Fishin-gal

Welcome to the board...I would have put it on the wall also 8) :wink:

BIG-O(Phil)<*!!!!><
kanata
Participant
Participant

Post by kanata »

I'm the guy who caught the Muskie. It's a baby Muskie which is only 5 lbs or so. BTW. I have no interest to keep out-of-season fish! Don't take it granted.
BASSSTALKER wrote:I was at the Jock landing last night and a chinese man with broken english caught a 8-10lbs Muskie on a 2inch black mister twister. I had to show him how to hold and release it...I think he wanted to keep it but it can be ca good area lots of bugs thow

DL
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hi basstalker where is the dock at jock river like you said,went around this morning did not find it? :cry:

thanks all,,,,,and where chould i fish on the jock,on the chore....... :?

joco
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Hey Kanata,

If that was you, you obviously never weighed a fish in your life and obviously have no perception. I have caught a many of pike that size and smaller and all were 8-12 lbs. The only thing I agree with is that yes it was a baby. If you were going to release it you would'nt have taken it out of the water and you would have been holding it properly and would have known how to release it properly.