Good Bassin' for the Pack - Plenty of Pictures

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Good Bassin' for the Pack - Plenty of Pictures

Post by wolfe »

Tyler's show stopper is a tough act to follow, but the rest of us got into some pretty nice bass the past few days ourselves.

Some pic's to share.......

Shane had on a worm and harness when I told him to cast under a floating dock. He placed the cast nicely and was rewarded with this big 18 incher. When the fish packs on a little more weight by fall, it'll be a real piggy. Shane's biggest bass yet. Micah was pretty happy, too.

A fat evening largemouth for Brian:

Here's one of my best bass. (Any guesses on the weight?) It was 20-1/4" and a hefty chunk o' fat.

Couple of average smallies, but still fun to mess with.

More for the kids -- they had a great few outings on worms & artificials.

And what would one of my reports be without the token slab rockbass?

Kids back to school on September 3rd, and I don't know who's more depressed...them or me. :( Feels like the cottage season just got started and here we are in the back stretch.

Enjoy the rest of the season, all. It's been a good time, I must say.

W.
Rico24
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rico24 »

Good report, some nice bass!

School...i start august 26 :cry: My last time at the cottage this year this weekend, gonna try to make the best of it and go fish alot.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Looks like the whole family was getting some real decent looking fish

I'm guessing 4lbs 7ozs :P :P

8) 8) 8) 8)
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Great report and pics

Always a lot of fun with kids in the boat

Yes, summer has been going fast. All the rain we've had this year didn't help with things either.

DropShot'r
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Great report and nice chunky bass Wolfe! Looks like your having a good summer and putting that nice new boat to good use.
JRSuprstar
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by JRSuprstar »

Great report and pics...thanks
JRSuprstar
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by JRSuprstar »

Great report and pics...thanks
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

Great pics Wolfe and thanks for sharing the story! I'd say the largie you're holding looks to be in the 4 1/4 - 4 1/2 lb range...really hard to tell. Irregardless...a very nice fish!

I'm curious, did you ever say in your many posts how you got to love the sport of fishing as a young lady? You seem to have been bitten more than others with a good case of the fishing pox :lol: !

Tight Lines and that was really a nice Rockie again....HUGE!

ratsotail
mattdrp
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mattdrp »

nice fish big rock bass ya it seems that summer gist started but its all most over gist one more week
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Guys,

Yes, we've been doing all right for ourselves this summer, and it's been exciting to see the kids getting into some quality fish (especially Ty's lunker :shock: ). We really got our groove going mid to late summer and have been able to fish a little more than last year, which definitely helps. The cottage still has work to be done, but summer is short and I made an effort to get us out on the lake while the timing was right, as the cottage work will still be there waiting. :roll:

I'm looking forward to some early fall fishing for the bass, but it'll be on stolen weekends...not quite the same leisurely pace of the summer stretches, but who can complain?

Ratsotail, thanks for the interest. I guess I started fishing when I was around 6 or 7...mostly in Pennsylvania with my Dad and brother. I remember my Dad literally hacking a path by hand with his pocket knife along a small private pond in the Poconos that we had permission to fish. That's where I got acquainted with BIG snakes, BIG snapping turtles, lots of BIG panfish and perch on BIG bobbers...and some half way decent bass. :wink: My Dad would always exaggerate the weight of the bass we got and make us feel like champions. I definitely inherited my shutter-happy camera itch from him. How priceless are those kiddie pictures? I see how fast mine are growing and it scares me.

There were other outings on local New Jersey lakes, and one of my most vivid and pleasant early memories of fishing is with my Dad on Farrington Lake in the pouring rain. Me in my Lee overalls hauling in dinner plate bluegills with my Dad smiling and encouraging me from the shelter of the big trees. My brother and I would wake at sunrise and walk a mile or so to a pond to catch bullheads and shiners.

And then, from 11 yrs on, our excursions into Canada to fish Wolfe, Bob's, Elephant, Moira, Big Gull, etc....which just changed everything for me and started to shape my dream for my own cottage in Ontario.

Never looked back, and to be able to carry on that family tradition and tell those special childhood fishing stories to my kids...again, PRICELESS.

"Take a Kid Fishing..." that's a great little motto that can really shape a life.

W.
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Thanks for the report, a fine crop of fish there. Congratulations.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Another Great post Wolfe. Thanks
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

I see Devil Loon's getting into the sibling race for personal best! That's a nice 18 incher for sure! Looks like y'all had a great time!
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

big rockie
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

slushpuppy wrote:I see Devil Loon's getting into the sibling race for personal best! That's a nice 18 incher for sure! Looks like y'all had a great time!
Slushy,

Shane is really getting onto his game! There were times when Brian and I just "gave up" trying to fish because we couldn't keep up with the "Got One!" being simultaneously yelled from the squirts. And in among those were several "Get the Net"s too!! :lol:

It was an excellent week, though -- the best this summer thus far. Hard to beat, I'd say. 8)

Hope you're doing OK!

W.