Bon Echo Provincial Park

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Rideau_Lungehunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Bon Echo Provincial Park

Post by Rideau_Lungehunter »

Has anybody ever had any luck fishing at Bon Echo Provincial Park?

Is it worth taking some fishing tackle on our camping trip ??

Thanks.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

If you're stuck on shore try the narrows for walleye in the evening, if you've got a boat or can rent a canoe I've had better luck in the shallower south lake for bass on the flats.

D.
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by FishingIsHealing »

Isn't Bon Echo place where Mazinaw lake is?

Thats a pretty cool lake..

Extremely deep, 470ft or something..

Know someone who fished it years ago, didn't say if it was good or bad.....

Take Care,

==Tom==
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

I love that lake, but you'll probably die a ripe old age before you have enough 'fish stories' to fill a post-it note!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember my old man walking across that little spot at the narrows (we're talkin' 40 yrs. ago :o ) and spending countless hours over a number of years tryin' for Wally's and I only remember him ever catchin' one!! :shock: :shock:

But it sure is a beautiful lake!! :wink: :wink: Get's a lot of fishing pressure, but I'll agree with Bucketmouth's advice on where to try. Also try Campbell's Bay in Northeast sector. :wink: If you've got the right equipment there's also supposed to be Lakers in there, can't attest to that, never tried. :?

Good Luck & enjoy the scenery, if ya have time take the walk up the trail to the top of 'Mazinaw Rock', it'll freakin' blow ya away!!!! :shock: 8) 8)
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

Keith

I've rented a cottage up taht way the past few years. From what I am told, the fishing in Mazinaw Lake is pretty lean - much better lakes in the area to try if you are interested in a day fish. Kash, Big Gull, Mississagnon all have better fishing

Mick
beeman
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by beeman »

Never fished it, but when I was crossing over to climb the cliff, I saw a very nice 3 to 4 lb bass come out of the narrows area from a shore fisherman.
Rideau_Lungehunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Bon Echo Provincial Park

Post by Rideau_Lungehunter »

Thanks for the feedback guys.

We're heading up this morning and I guess I'll bring some bass stuff. I'll pst a report when we get back and let you know if I managed to catch anything.