FISHING CHARLESTON LAKE

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BASSINBOB
Participant
Participant

FISHING CHARLESTON LAKE

Post by BASSINBOB »

Fishing the lake this weekend and could use some help. First I hear flat island is good but can't find it on map of lake I have. Every island is named, does it go by another name? If not what island is it near? We're staying on northern end of lake, are there any particular good spots up north. Lastly, I've heard theres a barrier keeping you from getting to southern end of lake from the north, is this true? Thanks for the help and will post pics of trip. tight lines
taylor
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by taylor »

Well, since you only have 4 posts, the regulars here might not offer too much help. I'll see what I can help you with though.

I'm not familar with that island. What kind of fish are you looking to fish for?
Image Image Image
BASSINBOB
Participant
Participant

Post by BASSINBOB »

Sorry, guess i should have said what type of fish, looking for Bass or pike mainly. See its gonna be a little rainy so imagine they may move up a little shallower, but see its very deep in spots. Thanks for any help,greatly appreciated as I'm new to site.
taylor
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by taylor »

One really good thing about charlston is the cotagers have marked the rock shoals with jugs and they are easy to find. They are everywhere. For smallies, just fish them. Start on them in the shallow water and pull your bait down over the side of them to the deep water. They are always there.

Also, don't be shy to work a top water lure over deep water. The smallies there are famous for open water surface hits.

Good luck my friend.
Image Image Image
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

BassinBob,

Check your PMs.

Enjoy your time on Charleston -- it's a magnificent body of water.

W.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

:roll: :roll: :roll:
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

If you click up Charleston Lake on the Ontario Map Project in here you will see a lettered grid at the top of the map and a numbered grid along the left side. Intersect G & 5. Flat Island is just right of center of the grid box.
If you need any other info send me a PM

DropShot'r
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

hey taylor it doesnt matter who has how many posts were all here to help EVERYONE stop being such a loser : with thouse things :roll: :roll:
WHO CARES
my two bitts walleye man
taylor
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by taylor »

I couldn't agree more.

Thanks for caring. It means a lot.
Image Image Image
BASSINBOB
Participant
Participant

Post by BASSINBOB »

Want to thank all for the great info posted and the friendliness of the members. Guess it really doesn't matter how many posts you have made to most, just the friendship of sharing the fishing knowledge to someone asking for your aid. Hope to have a great trip and maybe see some of you on the water. Will definitely post my results upon return. By the way, all fishing is catch and release, so they will be there for future anglers.
Rudebass
Participant
Participant

Post by Rudebass »

Hope you have a great trip Bob. I'll be at Charleston at starting on the 27th. When you get back let us know how you did.

Glad to hear you practice catch & release!

Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.