BASS FISHING, KINGSTON AREA

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
KINGYAK
Participant
Participant

BASS FISHING, KINGSTON AREA

Post by KINGYAK »

As a new member, I really enjoy the information that is being shared on this site. My friend and I purchased fishing kayaks in mid summer and have fished most of the lakes north of Kingston to Westport. Bass fishing has been great and in early September I caught a 30lb muskie (successfully released) from my 10ft kayak, will attach pictures when I become more familiar with the site. Yesterday we fished Lower Rock Lake with no success. This was the first skunk of the year. Lakes the we have fishes include, Collins Lake, Mud Lake, Cranberry Lake , Buck Lake, Dog Lake and several other smaller locations. Would appreciate any advice of where the bass are gone and what is recommended as ideal bait. Also, if anyone has had success in the areas we fished, would appreciate a lake recommendation.
Billy Dee
Participant
Participant

Post by Billy Dee »

I have had good luck around and between the islands just east of Kingston Harbour on the St. Lawrence. Cedar, Milton, and the spectacles to name a few. Also, the Bateau channel has some great bass structure. You can launch from Grass Creek Park just east of Kingston on hwy 2. I have been mostly using worm harnesses and have been catching both bass and walleye in these areas.

In the spring of this year I boated the north shore of Wolfe Island and saw lots of Bass cruising. It was not bass season so I didn't try for any but they were there. Lots of shallow bays and inlets there.

One word of warning though. The lake and river just out from Kingston is big water. Even when a light breeze is blowing the water can get VERY lumpy. I have a 16' aluminum and at times have had to move very carefully to get around. On the other hand, on one of the windiest days I was out, three "yakers" were crossing over to Wolfe Island dispite the chop. A lot of big power boats and the ferry scoot aroud that area and a kayak in the chop may be very difficult to see.

Anyhow, I hope this gives you some ideas. I haven't been out to those spots since Thanksgiving but i had good luck with the bass that weekend.

Billy.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

You have a PM King...
KINGYAK
Participant
Participant

Post by KINGYAK »

Bucketmonth, not sure what you mean by PM.
KINGYAK
Participant
Participant

Post by KINGYAK »

Billy Dee, appreciate your advise. Will wait for ideal weather conditions before heading out to Bateau channel.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

KINGYAK wrote:Bucketmonth, not sure what you mean by PM.
Look at the top of your screen you will see one new message click on it
its a private message '' just for new '' :wink: 8)
beeman
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by beeman »

PM sent
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

meaning you got a private message.....look into message you will have a couple message in there.. :wink: :lol:

joco