looking for a hard water spot

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
6lbtest
Participant
Participant

looking for a hard water spot

Post by 6lbtest »

hello all,
this is the second year i'll be planning a ice fishing trip with a couple of buddies that are beginner fisherman, last year i took them to calendar bay we'll lets say i was the only one to catch a couple walleyes. i am happy to go back there, i fish that bay a lot and enjoy it (but they want to try somewhere new) if anyone can recommend another spot that has some good hard water walleye it would be greatly appreciated, i was think bay of quinte, but i don't know that lake at all, any help would be good, thanks a lot

rc
Dustin
Participant
Participant

Lake N.

Post by Dustin »

Try Lake Nippissing, some great cottages to stay at that will cook you a nice hot breakfast and provide unlimited bait and heated shelters. My Dad caught a beautiful pike specimen then torpedoed it back down the hole to scare off all the walleye...
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Dustin, Callander Bay is on Lake Nipissing
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Dustin
Participant
Participant

Post by Dustin »

Oops, sorry about that, I just saw the 'niagara region' thing and thought he fished in that area (I'm not too familiar of the Lake Nippissing area but had good success there last winter).
Laker_Taker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Laker_Taker »

Try Temagami (many outfitters there) or Bark Lake (Sunny Hill Resort). Both have good fishing, at least some times.
katch moore
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: looking for a hard water spot

Post by katch moore »

6lbtest wrote:hello all,
this is the second year i'll be planning a ice fishing trip with a couple of buddies that are beginner fisherman, last year i took them to calendar bay we'll lets say i was the only one to catch a couple walleyes. i am happy to go back there, i fish that bay a lot and enjoy it (but they want to try somewhere new) if anyone can recommend another spot that has some good hard water walleye it would be greatly appreciated, i was think bay of quinte, but i don't know that lake at all, any help would be good, thanks a lot

rc
you'll find alot of information on bay of quinte on this forum as well on the net. you might even find out that it's not a lake. !!! lol

it's part of the st-lawrence/lake ontario , near picton. hope this helps.