BassPro Shop in Montreal ???

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

BassPro Shop in Montreal ???

Post by Wallyboss »

I just heard from a Quebec fishing forum that BassproShop in Montreal is not happening anymore. Investors supposedly lost there funding needed. It is supposed to be on the news tonight. Just heard soemthing else, it's not BassProShop that didn't have the money it's the owners of the Lac Mirabel complex.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Rico24
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rico24 »

What! :shock: :shock:

That sucks :? I was really hopping there was going to be one there ... instead of going all the way to Toronto :(
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

mnaaaaaannnnnnn :?

there should be a way to get a little one...some kind off EXPRESS BASS PRO....... :lol: :lol: .

ho well.

joco
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Or at least just a Drive-Thru.

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

guess our money in western PQ and eastern ON is no good :roll: :roll: for the big guys.
would be nice to see but I guess our local shops deserve our support.
At least they do there very best for us

Bear
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Like I added after, it's not BassProShop that are backing up, it's the owner of the complex where BassProShop was supposed to go up. All the construction has stopped at the Lac Mirabel complex.

Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

I know Dan, guess cabelias saw that coming too .... what did they call that area a few years back ....... great white elephant :? :? :?
Méchant Malade
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: BassPro Shop in Montreal ???

Post by Méchant Malade »

Wallyboss wrote:I just heard from a Quebec fishing forum that BassproShop in Montreal is not happening anymore. Investors supposedly lost there funding needed. It is supposed to be on the news tonight. Just heard soemthing else, it's not BassProShop that didn't have the money it's the owners of the Lac Mirabel complex.
Yes! I was the 1st to post it on Quebec Pêche.
Another project in the drain.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Different news now!! Supposedly the project was put on hold because of owner not getting funds. But the news said that the opening has been delayed.

DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

joco wrote:
there should be a way to get a little one...some kind off EXPRESS BASS PRO.......

BaitCasters and Paddletales could be considered BPS express.

DropShot'r
Méchant Malade
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Méchant Malade »

Wallyboss wrote:Different news now!! Supposedly the project was put on hold because of owner not getting funds. But the news said that the opening has been delayed.
Even before the economic crisis the project was in jeapordy with many changes & delays; with the actual situation it's going to take some times before the quebec investors regain enough confidence to start in something like that. It may end-up in a nice condos project or houses.
baitcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Thanks DropShotr

Post by baitcaster »

I have been referred to as a Bass Pro wannabe! Unfortunately it will never be on the Bass Pro scale but we do have a fishing department, a hunting department, clothes department, gift department, marine department - and, I'd operate a drive-through - might be kind of handy for worms and minnows!
We appreciate everyone's support off this board. You guys help us guys stay in business. If there is anything you really find you can't get in the local stores let us know - we are happy to try and get whatever you want and save you the drive to Toronto!

Crystal (and Mike - he's out hunting!)
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

@ Méchant Malade - LOVE the name! I going to go with "Criss d'anglais" as my handle, but I thought better of it! (I grew up in St-Constant in the 70s as a Maudit de bloke) - Bonne pêche mon homme!

@ baitcaster - Do you have any on-line shopping web site? That is what I am REALLY looking for. A local on line retailer with selection. I work long hours and live on the Quebec side of Ottawa... I might make it down there 3 or 4 times a year. But I purchase stuff probably 52 times a year. I like to convenience of on-line purchases, but really want to support local businesses.
baitcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Online Store

Post by baitcaster »

Hey cprince,

Yes, we have an online store - it's www.baitcasters.ca

I appreciate you supporting local business. If there is something you are looking for that you don't see online just ask. It is a full-time job just trying to keep up with the new product coming into the store. Lots not on there yet.

And, I am in Ottawa at least twice a week so would be happy to meet you somewhere rather than mailing if that is better for you.

Crystal
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Online Store

Post by cprince »

baitcaster wrote:Hey cprince,

Yes, we have an online store - it's www.baitcasters.ca

I appreciate you supporting local business. If there is something you are looking for that you don't see online just ask. It is a full-time job just trying to keep up with the new product coming into the store. Lots not on there yet.

And, I am in Ottawa at least twice a week so would be happy to meet you somewhere rather than mailing if that is better for you.

Crystal
AWESOME!!

:D

There is something that I have been looking for over the last few months; http://www.tackletour.com/previewtntwaddabomb.html

No idea if that is something you can get.. and if you can will I be able to afford a couple of them!

Can you also get the jig kits like they have on BPS?
( http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... 00_100-9-0 )

Thanks Crystal!