Ottawa Boat/spring show?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Ottawa Boat/spring show?

Post by 1lastcast »

I have never been to the Ottawa show? How does it compare to the Toronto show?

Im in the market for a new bow mount and also a sonar for this season. Would this be a good place to shop and compare models/brands? I want to be able to use each motor if possible to get the feel for what I want in a motor.
"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Much smaller than the TO show. Usually some good deals on boats, but that's about it.
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

Hey Saskie :D

Thanks for the info. Think I may wait and head up to the Big City for the sportsman show in March.
"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

There's also the Montreal show which is happening this weekend also.

http://www.sportsmensshows.com/Montreal_Eng/
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

1lastcast wrote:Hey Saskie :D

Thanks for the info. Think I may wait and head up to the Big City for the sportsman show in March.
Yeah - probably your best bet unless you're in the market for a boat.
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
FowlDawg
Participant
Participant

Post by FowlDawg »

For sure if your coming from far you will be very disappointing with the Ottawa show. It's alright but not really worth going any distance for.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Which is sad because I can recall growing up going to these shows and they were awsome. Mom and Dad even splurged on the add piece of tackle or grab bag for us...LOL!

I can recall fishing in the trout pond and being on tv with Bob from CHRO 1 year! (On the couch with Bob if anyone recalls circa 89/90)

Now it just seems to be boats with 1 or 2 tackle vendors. Nowhere near what it used to be.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

1lastcast: Why don't you make the trek to Paddletales on the weekend. Friday and Saturday, we should have reps from Humminbird/MinnKota at the store that can answer your questions. I'll even feed you fried chicken. No admission charge and lots of specials.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

1lastcast, the last time I went to the Ottawa Show was about 6 years ago. I was in the market to buy a sonar. Well in the whole Show there was 3 sonars to chose from and 2 of them were the same model. I now save my money and go to the Carp Show and spend there instead.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
lundman
Participant
Participant

Post by lundman »

anyone ever been to the Montreal show, im curious to what that's like compared to the toronto show.
Fishboy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishboy »

The Montreal show is very good - well worth the trip.
Time's fun when you're having flies.