ice fishing Constance lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
lenb12
Participant
Participant

ice fishing Constance lake

Post by lenb12 »

HI Everyone :

Has anyone fished Constance Lake this winter ?
What are the odds of catching anything there ?

Len
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

It's my regular after work spot. Odds are pretty good you'll find a mess of perch, seeds and the odd snot rocket. If you stay after dark you might get into some crappie, but they're getting pretty finicky the past week or so.

Small jigs and pee-wee minnows work great. Try and find 8-10'
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
CityIt
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CityIt »

Many times!! You are almost gauranteed fish there!! as well as maybe losing a rod....like myself.....if you're looking for panfish, equip yourself with SMALL jigs....Bluegill, Perch and Crappie. The pike are on the smaller side, avg around 2lbs or so....but upwards of 5-6lbs....
lenb12
Participant
Participant

Post by lenb12 »

Thanks very much for the replies.
Since walleye season has ended in zone 18, I want to fish close to Ottawa(where I live) because it doesn't make sense to drive to the Perth area(where I usually ice fish) from an economical standpoint.

I will learn to love "snot rockets" ! Panfish is my friend :-)

Len
CityIt
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CityIt »

Well I like fishing there cuz almost no matter what you put down the hole you'll get a fish....you can try new tackle and stuff and see if it works.....I usually fish CL after I've been skunked....well cuz it just sucks goin home knowing you didn't catch a fish!!!

Heading there tomorrow afternoon.....Let ya know how it goes....Last time I went I caught 6 pike in an hour and lost a rod to another.... :evil: