guidance needed

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
loophole
Participant
Participant

guidance needed

Post by loophole »

Looking for a recommendation for a fishfinder. Most of the time I'm fishing a lake with bass, pickerel and pike. Depth in one section avgs 11-15 ft and 20 -35 ft in another part of the lake. Spend some time on a river that feeds into the lake too. Gray tones or colour? I'll spend up to $400 or thereabouts, so don't be suggesting one of the $1000-$4000 items I've seen online. One more thing. I have a small 14 ft aluminum boat with a 9.9 hp that I can plug into, but I think I'll run the fishfinder off the battery I use for the trolling motor. Will that work?
SteelHeaderOntario
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteelHeaderOntario »

u will get interferance with the trolling battery
as you increase speed and drow juice from battery finder starts to give false readings
you can purchase a small battery for finders at labarons,25.00
its happened to me in the past,and i got true readings after getting the smaller battery
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Loophole If you're coming to Carp for the show, I'll have some demo Humminbirds at great prices. I won't know for sure which units I'm getting until they show up this week, but there's generally a pretty good selection.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
bigpikemike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bigpikemike »

that other battery thing was great info...ty...now i got to buy a battery....my fish finder has been dead now for awhile...not in a rush to replace it...it was an old humming bird....all i ever used it for was depth....anyways its the next thing on my list to pruchase so to add to the question...gps, speed, temp to and the questions above by loophole
Big Pike Mike always reels them in!