Accidental Loon hookup

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

actualy there some off those POOPOO in here.

joco
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

$hit happens, leave the wild life alone, at the same time I have had birds fly in from above and attack....is that my fault? no.....if someone came over to me and gave me a hard time for that I would have some choice words. On the other hand if you ignore common sense then you probably deserve some choice words yourself. I would bet that most times you would see a loon floating there in front of you before you cast and could come up with a logical outcome of what may happen. As slop said.....apply some common sense.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

yep common sens. is the way to go.

but we do no some just dont have it. pure and simple and saw it live.

some just dont have any compasion for animals whatsoever.

we all approve that accident can happen..or a bird fly buy and a guy cast at the same time etc.

i even had some bird go for my top water lures and sher it happen to a lot off you...just have to retreive fast to make sher it wont attak it and get caught.

stuff happen.

joco
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

:idea:

1. I have no interest in hooking a loon.

2. I have even less interest in removing my hook from a loon.
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

"2. I have even less interest in removing my hook from a loon."

Isnt that the truth!! That would be a mess you would probably never forget.

orrsey
BronzeBack
Participant
Participant

Post by BronzeBack »

marcthefisherman wrote:
Another time I was surf fishing in cape cod w/ chopped squid for bait and had a sea gull nab my bait on a cast before it hit the water...luckily I was able to pull it out of its grasp without hooking it....then I started to notice seals taking intrest in what I was doing so I left the area, as although I'm sure they are a great fight, did not want to hook a seal.
Happened to my brother a few years back casting at Victoria Island. Swooped down and tried to pluck his spinner out of the air....thankfully it missed.