Kingston and surrounding area...Where to shore line fish?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
iconix
Participant
Participant

Kingston and surrounding area...Where to shore line fish?

Post by iconix »

Im happy I stumbled on here !

Well Im looking for some help, Me and a few friends are looking for some places to fish on the shore. Too poor to afford a boat. It seems like every where we go we take home nothing.

I was near Rockport bridge I believe and I caught some pearch but nothing to make a meal out of. Some guys showed up droped their lines in and well damn near filled a pail full of keeper pearch. The trick was he was using minows. Now to find minows is the next trick, Hell Ill even buy a minow trap if someone can tell me where to put it and not steal my minows and trap lol.

I just want to find a nice spot that I can actually catch something....I'm almost at the point I want to kick my tackle box in the water and start fresh.

Thank you for any help,

Steve
mattdbz29
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mattdbz29 »

just go north of the city a bit find a creek an throw your trap in with some dogfood.. youll have all the minnows you can use. as for places to fish any bridge... out in collins bay is good.
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

Before you kick your tacklebox into the water, send me a PM with pics and a price. I'll likely buy it off of you.

:D :D
rick1117
Participant
Participant

Hydro plant

Post by rick1117 »

Fish near the discharge chute at he hydo plant east of Bath since some amazin fish come out of there
mattdbz29
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mattdbz29 »

fished there a few times this year... its very trying... not much being caught.
Dirtus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

k-town area

Post by Dirtus »

try millhaven creek and at the floating bridge(parrots bay)
Suddsy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Suddsy »

The Causeway near the Wolfe Island Ferry can be really good, particularly for walleye in the evening (after the season opens that is) Also if you take the ferry over to Wolfe Island fish right at the ferry dock. The signs say no fishing but nobody ever seems to bother anyone there and it is good for perch and bass when the season opens. Also when you come off the ferry go left on the highway and travel out of the village of Marysville and you will see where a bay comes in off of the Lake. Take the road off of the highway on the left and you will see some spots to park and fish that are good for perch and crappie. Also, in the village of Rockport go to the government dock behind the Rockport Hotel/Motel/Restauraunt. Great fishing for bass and pike.

Suddsy