Rockland Boat Launch

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Lowe Rider
Participant
Participant

Rockland Boat Launch

Post by Lowe Rider »

Can anyone confirm if the docks are out yet at the Rockand boat launch?
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Im not sure yet about the docks, but I do know that its 25$ dollars to launch your boat for the 2009 season.

Anthony
Northamfishing Tackle
muskymike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by muskymike »

Great boat launch but not worth 25$launch at petrie drive up plus store and bait
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

jig head wrote:Im not sure yet about the docks, but I do know that its 25$ dollars to launch your boat for the 2009 season.

Anthony

25 bucks to launch? Image
bassman40
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bassman40 »

unfortunately the stated price is correct as per the town of rocklands website:

NEW Rates

Season pass for residents under the age of 60 $75
Season pass for residents over the age of 60 $50
Season pass for non-residents of all ages $120
Commercial season pass $350
Daily pass for residents $15
Daily pass for non-residents $25

Information: (613) 446-6022 ext. 2237

If this is they're way of attempting to increase revenues for the town, I would think it'll backfire.
Try Petrie Island Marina off Trim Rd who currently charge $14 for their big cemented launch or $ 8 for the smaller gravel launch.
alternativly, go to the town of Wendover (15 min East past Rockland) and use that launch as it's free.
Or try using the free municipal gravel launch off hwy 174 between Petrie and Rockland. Access is down a steep path down to the water and has no docks.
Directions: At the rest area off highway 17 (now 174) just in front of the "Camelot" golf course. It is about
1km east of the traffic light for highway 17 and Cameron street (in front of Mr. Gaz).

website for all Ottawa area boat luanches:

http://www.geocities.com/ottawaboatramps/
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Apparently the reason they charge so much it that the Dude running the B ooth smokes 4 packs of cigarettes a day........5 dollars is to off set the cost of his Bad Habit............ :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:
bassman40
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bassman40 »

just confirmed with city of rockland administration...the docks are not in the water due to high water levels.
Same goes for Wendover public luanch.
both towns are expected to have all docks in the water by next weekend May 23/24th.

on another note regarding pricing..I just confirmed that rockland prices posted above are accurate - $25 non-resident / $120 for non resident seasonal pass.
when compared to Oziles at Petrie Marina , they want only $14 daily luanch fee but $215 for a seasonal pass!
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

LMAO @ $350 commercial pass. I don't even pay at 99% of the launches I use, one ( well all of them over there ) on the other side of the Larry charges $20 a pop and once you reach $100 they give you a season's pass.

What a stupid cash grab that is, most people drive right by Rockland and fish in Wendover for free. Think of all the gas and food revenue the local businesses are losing.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Lowe Rider
Participant
Participant

Post by Lowe Rider »

Thanks for letting me know, I agree $25 a shot is ridiculous, but $120 for the season isn't too bad if you go a dozen times.

The boat launch at Petrie is good, but the ride out to the channel is always dicey, never know what's lurking in the bottom.

If its anything like last year, just get to Rockland before 6am and there's no charge, the gates are open, and the guy ain't there yet. That's the other problem with Petrie, he opens up too late on the weekends.

See you guys out there this weekend.