B1 Results?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

B1 Results?

Post by Seabass81 »

They have not updated the standings on th b1 website. Anybody heard anything?
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I keep looking every 10 minutes also????

Can't believe this I 've been watching as much WFN as I can and RDS was there also and nobody is reporting anything.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
bait girl
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

B1

Post by bait girl »

I was talking to Dan last night and I know that Shawn Parks from Carp I think is in second and Dan is in 14th.

Only a pound between 4th and 14th

Would have been nice had the standings been posted, but 1st year, next year they'll be more on top of it.

Bait girl :wink:
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

I also read somewhere that Charles Sim is in third place with around 18lbs. First place is around the 20lb mark.

Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

It all came down with who new this body of water verry well I would think.
Lunker yesterday was a 7.2 Largie!!!!! Unreal!!....the same guy was first with more or less 22 pounds!!!

Mike and I made the cut with 13.95 and settle with 43 place but we decided to back off of it. The lack of info we had about the specific locations of the paterns of the bass movements on this huge body of water was the reason I made this final decision. With so much water and so little time to get right on cue chances where slim to come back the second day with a 17+ bag to get in the 16-25 positions and fighting for 500$. We had had little succes finding anything above 3 pounds in the 2 days of pre fish. Yesterday we came accross a strech and got lucky for about 1 hour with a few under 4. This was not good enough.

I would have consider going on with this if we had made the top 25.
Like I said we pre fished 2 days and made the decision to pin point on one patern wich produced some nice fish but we used these locations yesterday and fish them hard flipping so for Sunday we had to go and run around again finding different paterns wich I think was not worth it on a final tournament day such as this one. We where out there for the money as I recall to Mike and to me chances where we would have spend more money on gas running around than we would have make winning between 16 and 25 on the final day.

The B1 is a great event with excellent anglers such as Wayne, Charles and many others. It was great to get to meet some of them @ the meeting on Friday.

Good luck to all of the anglers on the water today!

Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Big Bass 444 wrote:It all came down with who new this body of water verry well I would think.
I think everyone knew that going into the tournament BB444. Really surprised you guys did not battle it out until the finish :shock:

Thanks for the update Yan.
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

Found the day 1 results board.

Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Thanks JWhite

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

I want to thank all the organizers who put together a great tournament that was very well run. Secondly Lawrence for giving me the opportunity to join him on the water. You are a great friend.

Karma and I fished in "THE BLIND FISHING BOAT" and even though we did not make the cut it was a blast. I loved watching peoples faces when Lawrance and I launched the boat together. Everyones Jaws dropped when I backed the boat in and he walked on the dock with his cane and the rope with the boat.

We did what we set out to do and even though we did not make the second day Lawrence felt like it was a success. We have already talked about doing it again next year and prefishing to learn the water.

There was so many highlites that it is hard to say them all but one of my favorites is when we told people that his dog is the driver, a couple people actually believed us LOL.

Cheers
JP

I am sure Karma will have a great write up soon to fill you in on all the details.
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

Congrats to Dan Faubert from Manotick Bait for a 3rd place finish. 8)
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Can't wait to see Karma's report !!! Good on Ya JP

Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

a 7.2 large mouth ! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
baitcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Results

Post by baitcaster »

From what I've heard Dan Faubert and Richard Clarke were 3rd and Shawn Parks and Robert Sell finished 2nd! Way to go guys - nice to see the locals up there in the money!
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

JP wrote:I want to thank all the organizers who put together a great tournament that was very well run. Secondly Lawrence for giving me the opportunity to join him on the water. You are a great friend.

Karma and I fished in "THE BLIND FISHING BOAT" and even though we did not make the cut it was a blast. I loved watching peoples faces when Lawrance and I launched the boat together. Everyones Jaws dropped when I backed the boat in and he walked on the dock with his cane and the rope with the boat.

We did what we set out to do and even though we did not make the second day Lawrence felt like it was a success. We have already talked about doing it again next year and prefishing to learn the water.

There was so many highlites that it is hard to say them all but one of my favorites is when we told people that his dog is the driver, a couple people actually believed us LOL.

Cheers
JP

I am sure Karma will have a great write up soon to fill you in on all the details.
Here's a couple of pictures that I found on another site.

Pretty sure that this is Karma

I tought that you guys were using the "porta boat?" Is that boat setup like the porta boat or is a sponsor of it??
Last edited by Wallyboss on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Robert Sell did finish in second....

Awsome!