Deep River???

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mr.Tackle
Participant
Participant

Deep River???

Post by Mr.Tackle »

Hey everyone hope that everyones summer fishing is going well. I was looking at a map the other day (trying to find a good fishing spot) and saw a few bays up by Deep River (I'm from the Ottawa Valley). Just wondering if anyone knows if your able to do any shore fishing up in the bays up there...I am thinking about Welsh bay. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Unfortunately I am boatless and am trying to venture out into new teritory due to the lack of fish I have caught this year. thanks for all the replies...Happy Fishin!!!
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Hey Mr.Tackle,
Unfortunately the spots you are looking at on the map are not much good for shore fishing up this way. The shorelines on this stretch are real shallow and rocky which don't make it much fun. If you really want to shore fish I suggest you try a little further up the highway in Mackey. You can fish on both sides of the highway there and you can catch bass, pike and the odd walleye in the evening. I'll gladly take you out on the water some day up this way as soon as I get some time off work. We're real busy right now and it looks like most of my summer is going to be spent working but when I do get some time I'll PM you and maybe we can get out. Good luck on you shore fishing adventures until then
OntarioRider
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Mackey

Post by OntarioRider »

I was up there a couple weeks ago.
It is usually a good spot to fish. A little noisy but has produced some nice walleye and pike over the years for me.