Pro bass White lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Pro bass White lake

Post by charbyc »

I just wanted to put up a post regarding being considerate to the lake and the locals on the lake.

i fished white lake jigging pickerel on saturday....... what i saw both shocked and really annoyed me.

at least a hundred boats with huge motors doing great speed across the lake. in fishing all day i noted that these "pro" bass jockeys have little to no regard for anyone else on the lake and absolutely no respect towards other boats.

I saw a few things and even my neighbour reported a pro bass boat almost colliding with his runabout while sitting parked fishing.

this is both dangerous and stupid all rolled into one. the cottagers on white lake are talking about petitioning the township to put a horsepower restriction on the lake now.

300hp on a lkae like that? i mean come on it just stirs up the lake its not good for the fish either.

in closing i think its the silliest thing to see a 50000 dollar boat come screaming across the lake just to fish 10 feet from shore.

I dont think i'll be the first guy to say these things and i know for sure i wont be the last.

as i said in an earlier post fellas i respect your right to fish, just try to have a little respect for everyone else.
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

I saw somewhat similar actions on Sunday on Charleston. Bass boats just flying though the "gaps" with little regard to other boaters or property owners.

I realize it's not all bass boat owners, saw some very conscientious bass boat owners...........but sadly no one remembers them, just the bad ones.

DropShot'r
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Post by charbyc »

yeah i know its not all of them but in the past years tournaments seemed more civilized.....

now it seems every man for himself and my understanding is the rules make it this way. locals will eventually have enough and then things will change.

i saw a couple out in their kayaks get flipped by a big 20 footer just flying along.

its just not right a bass tournament shouldnt be what i'd call indy on the water.

in the past the same people helped the local economy now they just dont seem to so whats the benfit for the community?

people as a whole are going to start to complain. maybe the tournament rules ought to be re-examined.
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

maybe someone from white lake should start working with SEBO to work on resolving these issues for next year and the years to come. Or even call the OPP and invite them to come and observe the shinanigans on tournament day. Ask them to send Officer Parks down from the Upper Valley Detachment, this guy can sniff out fun and put a stop to it like no one else.

Call up Arnprior Sportland and let them know what kind of activity they are sponsoring.

You don't have to be in a tournament to be a non respectfull boater.

This is clearly demonstrated on lakes around the world every day.

Also, weigh in is at 4 p.m on the day of the tournament, if there
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Post by charbyc »

i agree jerk boaters happen everywhere but it seemed really pronounced on saturday.....

thanks for the tip i will invite OPP and see if MNR might be interested to come watch the next one.

i dont want to spoil anyones fun i really just want to see folks act responsibly. i have a brother in law who's heavy into those tournaments and he himself told me it sometimes gets a little hairy out there.

honestly i'm a dude out for pickerel and i never mind hooking a good pike. i can appreciate the guys who like going out for bass and i can even agree with pro tournaments. just as everything the boats get bigger and faster the investment goes up and soon you really do have the indy 500 on the water.

please dont misunderstand the things i am saying, i'm not trying to offend merely say it and create awareness before someone really does get hurt.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

The law is anytime a boat is within 30 metres of shore there is a 10kph speed limit...other than it's fair game.....

I'm not defending anyone in this case.....but there is the law...

RJ
IFish
Participant
Participant

Post by IFish »

:( Yeah, it seems like alot of people are either just ignorant or blinded by the potential placing in a tourney. I don't know much about these tourneys but somehow I don't see the potential earnings as being worth it.

Myself, I live near Dunrobin on the Ottawa river. I guess my biggest beef is people with 'cigarette' boats on this stretch of the river. I suppose this piece of water is a good place to open the throttle and let'er rip but its kind of annoying when its done at night and it can't be safe either.

And since my buddy has a boat like that I know that they can make it 75% quieter with the flick of a switch and exhaust it under water like every other boat.

My neighboour has a big boat like that and he says he loses performance when he does that. I told him he's not racing anyone and nobody is watching... it didn't seem to sink in. During the day I care too much but after 10-11 it irritates me bigtime.

I told my neighbour that next time (after the 1st) time of a midnight run at full throttle I'd be pee pee. It shakes the house.... things rattle and its beyond loud. Actually saying its loud doesn`t do it justice... jumbo jet style is more like it.

We filmed him and he got a huge fine... I think it was like $950 or so as a warning. He was an idiot for driving at speed at night but he annoyed so many people with his 1000000000000HP boat that I don`t care and he deserved it!!!!

And he could have switched it to 'quiet`> mode but he didn`t and they don`t. Who are they trying to impress?
icast
Participant
Participant

Post by icast »

I'm not sure what the Pro Bass is about. It was a SEBO and I think he puts on a good show. No, I did not fish it and I'm considerate to everyone on any lake, I'm sure most are. Mind you, there will always be idiots no matter what you do,where you are or go.

Walleye jigging on White lake for bass opener, I'm not sure what you expected. SEBO aside, there's w/e warriors, "local's", and American's that love to fish this lake. All of this has been going on for some time, it's nothing new. If you want a quiet lake, White Lake is not for you.

300hp on a big bass boat, what's the point? It doesn't mean it has to go wide open, that's what the boat is rated for. It also doesn't mean it's any faster then some bass boats with a 200hp.

Kayaks being flipped by a 20ft bass boat flying along? A bass boat "flying along" has next to NO wake. I have a 14ft tinny that puts off more wake at 10mph.

I could go on...but...
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

Nice to see that new people use there first few posts on hear to rip into people. Brings such a positive addition to the site. :roll:
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Post by charbyc »

its not a rip its a conversation starter......

no offense man, totally none intended.
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

charbyc wrote:its not a rip its a conversation starter......

no offense man, totally none intended.
Great conversion started.....lots of positives so far.
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Post by charbyc »

hey honestly it was a great day to jig walleyes no one else was fishin them!!! i got no problem with other folks being on the lake!

i got no problem with skiers and im familiar with the americans on the lake.

my point is not to rip on anyone and i have been fishing white lake many years the display on saturday was kind of sad. i mean come on were all adults.

and yes i'm not making stories i saw a pair of red kayaks flip and if you wanna get technical it was the rooster tail as the dude turned the boat.

i think bass fever could be similar to buck fever during those tournaments.

either way thanks for implying that im making up stories. i think you must have totally missed my point.

Cheers man
icast
Participant
Participant

Post by icast »

LOL...if it makes jwhite feel any better this is my last post.

charbyc...you are right, it was not a rip.

What if I were to say I'm a kayaker, a tourny angler and that I own a cottage on White Lake. A friend of mine brought this post to my attention and I've only used this website once and it was for a classified ad.

White Lake is what it's always been, very busy...crazy at times. It also has many cottage owners that have the same complaints about anything and everything. If it were up to some, you wouldn't be allowed fish that lake at all if they had it there way.

Being a tournament angler and a avid fisherman, I've been shot at with a pellet gun, threaten with rocks, hosed at with water and had one guy threaten to let his dogs lose. I'm not really sure what that's going to accomplish but it made this one individual feel better. I was simply fishing along and not bothering anyone.

Being a cottage owner....am I instantly labelled? I hope not.
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Post by charbyc »

yeah im gonna cash outta this one too i didnt mean to offend just make a point is all.

so toss it around fellas as im a white lake seasonal resident as well....

happy fishing lads, good luck and happy canada day!
bassman3840
Participant
Participant

R J's comment

Post by bassman3840 »

As a tourn & recreation fisherman i am disappointed by his comment ( other that its fair game) I ask RJ if thats your thinking i would appreciate if you would inform me when & where you will be fishing so i can go elsewhere.A statement like that sure doesnt help us get support from cottagers & other people who use the lakes & rivers.