Port burwell June 12

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Johnny Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Port burwell June 12

Post by Johnny Bass »

Well me and a buddy went to check it out on saturday morning. Was very cold and the river was pretty calm. river is loaded with sheephead. We also caught silver bass,baby carp,suckers,rock bass, and these little fish that looked like smelts or shiners. Not one channel cat big or small. Decided to go down the river. tried spots all along till Vienna . Also went fishing near waubashene for Channel cats.(huge ones) Got nothing but bull heads. Maybe 60 in 3 hours. Also some silver bass and carp. there were carp spawning everywhere. Moved to a pike hot spot. hooked a couple of pike on shad raps and a few nice sized smallies. We kept the pike and of coarse released the bass. Also checked out the river between couchiching and sparrow and was LOADED and I mean LOADED with spawning carp and dogfish. just bought a scanner so i will be starting to post pics of my fishes :) Hoping to go this week and rent a boat if my buddies can take a day off. This week will be west winds all the way so get out there and catch some fish :)
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Whoa

Post by Legend »

:) That sounded like one heck of a road trip JB. Was all this from shore or did you venture out in a boat? and now for the big question, how many others were fishing Couchiching? (My old stompin' grounds)

:) Legend
Johnny Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Johnny Bass »

That is actually a very small road trip for me :)Was all from shore. I couldn't find anyone to rent a boat with me.they either have money and no time or time and no money....... I wasn't actually fishing couch. I went to check out the falls between Sparrow and Couch. I just went to check out the water level but didn't stay long, had a female companion with me. i'm renting a boat this weekend and gonna hit georgian bay maybe honey harbour and see what i can come up with. Almost every trip has been productive there except maybe in AUgust when it is too hot. I dont use live bait so the fish are very inactive.