Blackdonald owes me a rod/reel - LF some recommendations

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

Thanks for the tips... at this poit I have mixed feelings about diving alone.. well they are not really mixed... i do not like the idea... even though I know nothing will happen, something could happen and diving (sky or scuba) is a 0 tollerance for error activity...

The visibility just isn't there to see down 25+ feet... and not having a good solid 10x10 grid to "search" on, really seems too much like hit & miss for me...

Sucba is the answer for sure... If I get it back, i'll let you know... If someone goes and gets it... Salvage rights apply IMO, but please let me know...
tallpaul
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by tallpaul »

Hookup,

I am Cert though it has been a year. look into equip rental and if it's "reasonable", I'll try to go with.

cheers,
tallpaul
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I could probably borrow equipment from a friend so if you pay my wetsuit rental i'll dive with you.

Wonder what they charge for that now ???
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
bruce
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bruce »

at the very least, for a rig like that, diving with good goggles and you might locate it . if you swim down say 10 feet you could see bottom and maybe the reel, then drag it up
good luck hope you get er back!
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

I'll check out the rental costs... $100 for BCD, regs and air... and then doing a dive anyhow... not bad..

I could certainly pickup a load of info about the bottom along that ridge if nothing else...

Will get back, thanks for the offers...
JeanDorais
Participant
Participant

Post by JeanDorais »

Dang Tim,

Sorry to hear about your gear losses- had it been the Helis/iPhone dilemna, not sure which you would have chosen to save....

Going up next weekend - possibly with a scuba friend...will see if I can get him to go for a little dive for you- will you be at the cottage or do you want me to drop off at your office on Monday (assuming we find it)?

JD
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

Well lets work it out once it's found... ;) There's $100 in it for him... $110 if the POP-R is still attached... LOL.