If you are on White Lake Aug 11 - 18

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

If you are on White Lake Aug 11 - 18

Post by Mr.J. »

Keep a look out for a Legend 18Xcalibur

Ask for Mr.J.

Maybe we can wet a line together

It'll be my first time out with my 9 year old son targetting what ever is biting

And he'll out fish me too :D

We'll be at Cedar Cove camping in 3 mile bay

Don't be shy to say hello
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

me and a friend will be on white lake (south end) we are renting a boat from pickerel bay on saturday 6 am ......will look for you you'll be the guy catching the 6 lb Lm right? lol
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

We have a tournament there this coming Sunday. Don't worry though guys it's only 25 teams and most of us don't drive like crazy men :roll: We are launching at the museum but the weigh in will be held at the small campground just down the road. Stop in if you have a chance and bring the young lad, I'm sure he'll enjoy the excitement.
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

Danomano wrote:me and a friend will be on white lake (south end) we are renting a boat from pickerel bay on saturday 6 am ......will look for you you'll be the guy catching the 6 lb Lm right? lol
Pickeral bay is just around the corner from 3 mile bay

I made up a couple of white Mr.J. Specials just for this lake and see what kind of pike live there.

FishMaster

I'll be the guy in your spot :roll: :lol:
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

LOTS OF SHORELINE

Post by fishin mission »

mr J
i'm sure you won't be in my spot there is only 60 miles of shoreline lol i don't have a spot yet but maybe by the end of saturday i will have one !!
If i don't see you on the lake happy fishing !!
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

might be up there this weekend, friends of ours have a trailer up there! We definately plan on fishing!
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Post by charbyc »

fish pickerel bay with spinners weighted heavy and youll catch eyes on worms.....

slow slow troll pickerel bay is my fav fishin spot........ theres pickerel in there but beware of the wonky slot size i got dinged for a fish a half inch undersize in my live well, 180 and he swam away!!!!!!

watch for MNR their awful pricks..... if the guy only knew how many i threw back that day and sometimes you quickly hold the fish up to your scale as your tossing it in the live well......

no love lost for MNR but honestly im no poacher........

the pike dont ever seem big in white lake.

so remember to throw the little guys back as the fishins gonna rck there next year!!!!!

cheers
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

charbyc wrote: beware of the wonky slot size i got dinged for a fish a half inch undersize in my live well, 180 and he swam away!!!!!!

watch for MNR their awful pricks
Nothing wonky about it there Charby... you're allowed ONE fish over 19.7" (50cm) This hopefully will make for a thriving and self sustainable population for years to come.

I'm glad to hear Derek and the gang are out there in full force trying to prevent mistakes from anglers who might need new glasses or possibly new measuring tapes 8)
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Post by charbyc »

between myself and my buddy we had that one pickerel in the live well, i volunteered to show the guy the fish was totally cooperative and he was an absolute prick.......

i always measure my fish before taking it to shore and i never keep anything in the slot, im totally agreeing with the slot size and support it as i really want more fish there next year.... but please allow me to be a bit bitter at the jackass MNR prick who couldnt even be decent at the time....

i used to be the most co-operative fella with MNR but after that show im just gonna try to avoid them.

anyways i fish in quebec alot as well and understand and support the management of the resource just wish it was similar in ontario.....

my point ultimately is, the fish was on the edge of the limit, the MNR jackass a plastic tape measure which could easily be stretched and the fish checked out by the scale mounted to the side of my livewell..... a revenue generating day i guess he musta had a quotta to fill. just bad luck on my part i guess........

and my rebuttle to your snide remark is im fully aware of the rules buddy. but thanks for the kick in the ribs.
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

charbyc wrote:but thanks for the kick in the ribs.
No problem 8)
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

charbyc wrote:
fish pickerel bay with spinners weighted heavy and youll catch eyes on worms.....

the pike dont ever seem big in white lake.
I'll try that thanks (re: eyes on worms, slow troll).

I've also never caught a big pike in White lake. Caught a lot of 2-4 lb'ers...
gkilla
Participant
Participant

Post by gkilla »

charbyc wrote:fish pickerel bay with spinners weighted heavy and youll catch eyes on worms.....

cheers
I have been fishing this bay for over 5 years and not once, not even by coincidence did I ever catch a walleye! Biggest pike was maybe 3lbs, but the LMB are pretty much all I ever catch there. I need to hit you up for some tips lol!
Big-Ty
Participant
Participant

Post by Big-Ty »

charbyc wrote: I'm glad to hear Derek and the gang are out there in full force trying to prevent mistakes from anglers who might need new glasses or possibly new measuring tapes 8)
Not sure who Derek is, but I'll second that anyway!

And for those who haven't been able catch a walleye in White Lake - don't feel so bad... It was about 25 years or so before I got my first. Heck, my old man just got his first last year, and he's been fishing there twice as long as I have - :wink:

Nice to see them making a come-back.
My Grandpappy would be happy.

You're already gone Mr. J, and you haven't a clue who I am, but I'll be sure to wave to you when I see ya on the lake on Mon or Tues.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

There was a valiant comback by the Walleyes but the Lukers beat them 4-3 in overtime!
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Hope you and Josh are having a great time on White Lake, Mr. J., and also hoping the fishing is good.

W.