Clayton Lake Boat Lauch

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
the bogie Man
Participant
Participant

Clayton Lake Boat Lauch

Post by the bogie Man »

Just wondering if anyone knew where the boat lauch was to get onto the lake i have never been and kinda wanted to check out the lake for some bass it looks like there is a lauch by the dam on the tatlock road but if anyone has directions comming from stittsville i would love a little help
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Clayton Lake Boat Lauch

Post by curls »

the bogie Man wrote:Just wondering if anyone knew where the boat lauch was to get onto the lake i have never been and kinda wanted to check out the lake for some bass it looks like there is a lauch by the dam on the tatlock road but if anyone has directions comming from stittsville i would love a little help
Been to the launch at Lakeside / Beattie's (??) campground and its nice, but expensive if I recall.

Don't bother trying on Sunday as there's a SEBO tournament there and its not the biggest of lakes.
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

launch

Post by CCLad »

There is a public launch at the end of Taylor lake - connects to Clayton. Stay in the channel. Actually there's decent bass fidhing in amongst all the stumps in taylor.

good luck.
the bogie Man
Participant
Participant

Post by the bogie Man »

I know i fish all of the SEBO tournys but i have to miss this one and i figured that i would fish it anyways beofer the tourny so i dont fall behind for next year
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

There is Beaton's and it is a $5 charge but I have never seen anyone to pay before and we sat around for a while. Also down the road from Union Hall ( the intersection on Wolfegrove Rd where the municipality building is ) toward Middleville you go down until one of the concession lines is a launch into Taylor...It is stump heaven so be on the lookout. You can see what road it is if you look on Google map.

Good luck
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

almontefisher wrote:There is Beaton's and it is a $5 charge but I have never seen anyone to pay before and we sat around for a while. Also down the road from Union Hall ( the intersection on Wolfegrove Rd where the municipality building is ) toward Middleville you go down until one of the concession lines is a launch into Taylor...It is stump heaven so be on the lookout. You can see what road it is if you look on Google map.

Good luck
Any bass in there Peter?? :lol:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

almontefisher wrote:There is Beaton's and it is a $5 charge

WoW $ 5.00 to launch your boat ..just ignore it ..must be just a cash grab :roll: :roll:
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Yeah, the launch is at the Beatons, however it depends on who is working the store....this summer they have some new kid and he musta seen me coming and charged $10.00...not impressed really....never went back!

I don't expect a Christmas card from them this year...that's for sure!
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

Bass Addict wrote:
almontefisher wrote:There is Beaton's and it is a $5 charge

WoW $ 5.00 to launch your boat ..just ignore it ..must be just a cash grab :roll: :roll:
We were charged $10 last year and the $15 "park user fee" for the SEBO tourney is very steep.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Really?? I have been charged $5 the one time someone was there to take my money but other than that never saw anyone to take it.

Steve: No bass just stumps... :lol: Well I never caught any :oops: :lol: :wink:
charbyc
Participant
Participant

Post by charbyc »

i got a nice pickerel in clayton lake last weekend!!!!

gonna go try for more week after my holidays!

i always launch at the taylor launch, its not busy and you just have to take your time getting to the big lake.....

best its free!
the bogie Man
Participant
Participant

Post by the bogie Man »

Got there today kindof a werid lauch you would never know it was thers if you dont take a good look at it caught a wack of bass the biggest around 4 pounds but saw some pigs
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Yeah, the launch is at the Beatons, however it depends on who is working the store....this summer they have some new kid and he musta seen me coming and charged $10.00...not impressed really....never went back!
Yeah I had the same experience there one time. I pre-fished for a tourney and paid $5. and the day of the tourney they charged us $10 on the way out and there was a rather large man there that wouldn't let you back in until you paid. They then charged $5. for parking for the day and one of the tourney guys had a nasty letter on his truck about going somewhere else to kill fish and leave there lake alone. Needless to say I have never been back and I tell everyone I know to stay away from the place. :evil: