Rideau River/Canal bass

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
alctel
Participant
Participant

Rideau River/Canal bass

Post by alctel »

Has anyone noticed that the bass from the canal fight a lot less than the ones from the river? I caught a few today from the canal near 5th and then one from Dows lake, and they came in with barely a struggle, while the ones I get from the Rideau River fight like stink.

Is there a reason for this?
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

It may have something to do with the water being warmer there or maybe they were just lazy today because it was Sunday?? :lol: But seriously I would think it has to do with the warmer water.
Carmine13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Carmine13 »

now that you mention that i notice the bass dont fisght that hard at black rapids, but thats not true for the pike they pulled harder at blacks and at dows then anywhere else, well actually those are the only places ive caught a DECENT pike but boy did they fight so....
bass_hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

!!!

Post by bass_hunter »

warm water=low oxygen
i got one!
Participant
Participant

Post by i got one! »

water temp and oxygen have alot to do with it but fish that spend most of there lives in or around current often fight harder. ie river fish fight harder the lake fish i hear that all the time.
i got one!
Participant
Participant

Post by i got one! »

water temp and oxygen have alot to do with it but fish that spend most of there lives in or around current often fight harder. ie river fish fight harder the lake fish i hear that all the time.