Allumette Island Firefighter Tourney!!!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Allumette Island Firefighter Tourney!!!!!

Post by fishmaster »

I just wanted to let everyone know about what a great bass tournament the Allumette Island Firefighters put on this weekend on the Ottawa River in Chapeau. This tournament was started as a fundraiser and also as a replacement for the old Waltham Bass tourney that was discontinued a few years ago. They had 67 teams this year (they were hoping for 100 but hey there's always next year) and they still paid out $3000 for first place. They had amazing support from many businesses in the Ottawa Valley and the Pontiac which donated some amazing and valuable prizes. I saw a couple of young Hawker's there in a nice Strato's :wink: who were also kind enough to tow in a broken down boat(great job boy's, that kind of thing goes along way in this sport) and everyone I talked to really enjoyed the event. I would like to thank all the volunteers who made the tourney a success and I can't wait for next year.
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

What were the weights like?
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

The weights were pretty low for most people. The winning weight was just over 18 lbs for 6 fish,second was just slightly less than that, one 16, one 15 you get the idea... We had 14 and change which gave us 6th and I think just under 12 lbs got paid. Everyone said they caught lots of fish just small ones. The largie bite was off that's why the weights were low.
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

just under 12 lbs got paid
Sounds like a tournament at White Lake. :D

Thanks for the update and cong on your finish.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Fishmaster,

Congrats on your finish. Anthony and I were really hoping to place up there in this one as our pre-fish went very well.

I was talking with my brother last night and telling him that deeds like that don't go unnoticed. The poor lads had run out of gas around Carrol.

For the teams who made the long boot to get largies, they were rewarded. Besides our trolling motor dieing, our kicker croaking an hour before weigh-in and having one of our big fish spots just completely cut off by another angler(Should have been disqualified)first thing in the morning we stuck to our game plan and fished hard. Fishing was tuff in our boat Saturday yet it was a great show and another awesome event put on by the town of Chapeau and the Allumette Island Fire Dept. They have always done one heck of a job.

Will be there next year FOR SURE! For both Chapeau tournaments :P

I sent you a PM Fishmaster

Again, THANK YOU Matt and Derek for bringing back this tournament.
Last edited by Tip-up on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

having one of our big fish spots just completely cut off by another angler(Should have been disqualified)
Perhaps I'm taking this too literally but why should they have been disqualified?
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

beachburger wrote:
having one of our big fish spots just completely cut off by another angler(Should have been disqualified)
Perhaps I'm taking this too literally but why should they have been disqualified?
I was too...not disqualified...just rude..He should have been a ''Minimum of two hundred feet away from other competitors'' where as he was more around 60. Our lines were in the water well before we had even heard him running.

We had crap weather last week leading up to last weekend, Saturday was just beautiful. Hope to be getting back up there very soon :D
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Tip-up is right, they made it quite clear in the morning announcments that you were to stay 200' away from other boats unless in an emergency. The problem with reporting guys like that is that people think you are the whiner or complainer so it's best just to keep your head down and fish hard. Guy's like that will get what's coming to them someday :wink: :evil:
I'm also really glad they brought this tourney back and I hope it continues, I heard they would like to try to do a drive up weigh-in next year. That would be great because there was a good crowd of spectators but not many people got to see or hear the weights.