Charlston Lake June 19 Report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Charlston Lake June 19 Report

Post by big-o »

Topwater and I were on the road at 3:15 am Saturday......you know there is not a whole lot of traffic on the roads at that time :shock: Any way, following the directions given to me by Xenos..He led led us to one of the best places I ever been too....Tim Hortons ...open and empty :shock: after a short wait for Xenos ,A quick introduction for all....Xenos had a couple of his buddys with him......sorry guys i forgot your names... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: (it's a age thing)I know both of these guys read the board all the time.......come on guys make a post... :wink: :D a super quick drive down some county roads :shock: :shock: (110klm)...poor old Blue (my truck) :( we arrived at Charlston Lake after a Huddle, to plan our attack :!: Xenos came up with the best Plan ....lets put the boats in the water ...drop the down riggers and catch fish :D , this plan was quickly voted on and approved :wink: We were on the Water around 5:45am.Topwater and i followed Xenos to a spot on the main Lake set up the down riggers and lines ....and started to fish....about 5min later Xenos called on the VHF...FISH ON....must be a good one, he's putting up a good fight.....I think it was five pounds :D :D Afew minutes later Topwaters rod was bouncing ...he jumps up sets the hook His first ever Lake trout :D A short fight...a 17 incher...not big buy any means ...but to us it was hugh :D :D
By this time we had moved about 1/2 mile apart .so the VHF's were great :) Xenos meen while was calling ...well it seemed like every five minutes ...FISH ON....Another 5.8 lbs in the box...Us... nothing :? i,m not to sure when our rod started to bounce again....around 11:00am :? My turn....a good fight ,but small fish...it was caught up in our slider and gillhooked...it was 16 inches...a short time later (11:30 am) the rod bouncing again ...Topwater grabs the rod sets the hook...no fish :( ...wait sorry FISH ON a 18 incher :D ,all fish were taken between 80 and 160 FOW 60 feet down and 30 to 40 feet off the ball ,The first One for Topwater was taken on ...the newly named lure...the Marcus NK28,the second was taken in 156FOW 60 feet down and 100 feet off the ball on a Strike king silver with purple stripe the third and last fish :( was taken in 150 FOW 66 feet down and about 30 feet off the ball..on a Monkey Puke green NK28 The wind was blowing from the west about 40 to 45 k so buy 1:30 pm we packed it in :( :( :(
Again the fish-hawk board played a big role in the days fishing , by xenos and i meeting and talking on the board ...to meeting....to fishing...Xenos It was a pleasure meeting you today and great talking to you...can't wait till we can hit the Head pond together :wink: :wink: and July/Aug salmon trips :lol: 8) Thank s for all the tips and instructions...It was fun...not to many fish ...but a great day :P thanks to you and your buddys.....xenos has pics 8)
Last edited by big-o on Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Sounds like a great day for the BO and TW combo!

I stayed home...I didn't want to take the kids out in that wind...

Glad you guys had a good day!...and got yer net wet...

RJ
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Thanks RJ...you know thats three times this year...going out to tarrgetting a paticular fish ...and we actuly caught some...amost unheard of with us :wink: I kinda like it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Hanging around on the site wil do that for ya.... :wink:

going out tomorrow?
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

There is no daught in my Mind..... thats why :D First Browns...then Cats...and now Lakers.... I love it :D :D :D 8) :D :lol:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

the cats don't count... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

yes they do :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :D
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

Big O, you make a great report. I don’t know about every 5 but I will take it, thank you. Yes you have to love those VHF radios, It really adds to the experience. That Markus 28 sure was putting my blue berry muffin to a test today, I think it was a straight tie, Markus you have a winner there. Thanks again Big O and Top water lets hit Head pond this Saturday. O Yes here are a couple picks.

Laketrout
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Laketrout »

Xenos , Big O
Great report and pics. What was the water temp. Do you not troll the shore line,or is the water there to warm @ this time of year.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Xenos

I would dearly love to hit the Head Pond this Saturday.with you....but my Niece is getting married on Saturday....I'm realy happy for her ....but WHY ON OPENING DAY OF BASS SEASON :? ....i tried to tell her she could get married any day ......but opening day of bass season only comes once a year :wink:.....so Topwater and i will be on the Rideau, Sunday morning :D :D :D
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

Now how could I forget, hitting the shore lines? ( I mean Bass fishing LT), So I guess it’s bass fishing on Saturday. On the trout issue, I seam to recall a surface temperature of 72, I didn’t lower the camera so I don’t know what the temperature was below the surface.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

The water temp was at 72 and did not waver much...maybe a dergee or so when the wind realy picked up :x Are you going to be on the rideau Sunday....day after the bass opener :?: If so I'll stay on (VHF) US 06... give me a call if your out there

thanks Again...it was a blast....Have you thought about going to caigers :?:
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

Use international 16 there, everyone will be on it or at least the locals. Do bass men use VHF? I would think they would hate the antenna. :lol: :lol:
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

OOPS I was thinkin Big R, Hey I may just be there, except I will be near the 16.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

I'll be looking and call'in....int.....16 I'll be there