Anybody been at Muskrat???

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Anybody been at Muskrat???

Post by fishmaster »

I was just wondering if anyone has been to Muskrat Lake in the last week or so. Due to work commitments I haven't been fishing in a month but it looks like I might actually get a chance on Monday. I was just wondering what the water temp. might be and how the fishing has been. I was also wondering if the water was down which could make for some tough launching at the town launch. I'm primarily looking for smallies but the guy I'm going with would like a snack of Pike so we're going to try to pick a few of those up too.
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

Was there last Monday. The water is down a bit but the launch is fine. Surface temps were in the mid 50's.

There were no shortage of pike on the Hwy 17 side. You know where to find the smallies.

HTH,
Doug
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

I'm glad to hear the water temps were down. I'm thinking it should be in the low 50' to high 40's with the last few cold nights we have had. I'm hoping the smallies have the feed bags on because this could be my last time out this year :cry: Thanks for the info :wink:
Tubeman
Participant
Participant

Post by Tubeman »

Let me know how you do...might get there for the end of the month...if there's no ice :lol:
Mike Nabulsi
Tubeman
Participant
Participant

Post by Tubeman »

Might go on Saturday if it's not to miserable out...anyone else been out ?
Mike Nabulsi
Tubeman
Participant
Participant

Post by Tubeman »

Thanks Cousin V...now I'm really itching to do some drop shotting :D
Mike Nabulsi
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Hey Tubeman,
Last time I was out it was pretty slow. I see it seems to be picking up so I'm heading out again this weekend. I see you would like to go Saturday but if you want I'll be heading out Sunday for a few hours. If you can make it then it would save you towing your boat up, all it would cost you is some drop shot minnows :P
Tubeman
Participant
Participant

Post by Tubeman »

Hey Marty, Saturday was too windy,cold, rainy...ect Hope you get em today..we are back home already. I heard it was slow from a customer in Petawawa yesterday, but we still would have loved to giver a go !
Mike Nabulsi
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Mike,too bad you missed it today. It was cold, windy and the smallies were hammering. I was out for 4 and a half hours and caught 18 smallies,3 rock bass and a 6 lb Laker.Biggest smallie was a 4-7 but most were 3lbs or better and they were still in the 20-25 fow range. They don't seem to have gone real deep yet.. I caught them on tubes and a jigging spoon, they wouldn't hit a drop shot. I have never caught a fish on a jigging spoon before today but now I'm hooked. They just smash it and fight like there is no tomorrow. The laker hit the spoon too and I thought I had huge smallie. I just unpacked the boat for the year :cry: but at least I ended it on a high note, I can't wait for next year.
Tubeman
Participant
Participant

Post by Tubeman »

Nice post ! funny how smallies everywhere tend to move to a tube bite when it gets colder. One day I'll have to get those jigging spoons into the water as well. Glad you got out, I fixed the water softner and lawn tractor today :roll:
Mike Nabulsi