No licence!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

The only problem i saw with this episode is being asked to pay on the spot.

If a QC or ONT CO catches someone breaking fishing regulations why should they get off on a technicality... If they are breaking the law fine them. Why should we stick up for people breaking the law ???
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

While this thread focused on the jurisdiction of the Provincial CO's it also hightlights the the failure of the Ontario MNR itself. I'm sure I'm not the first person to wonder how their license fees are being spent by the Province, let alone how much is being put back into supporting Ontario fishing.

I happened to meet one gentleman that refuses to fish in Ontario any more. Instead he purchases a NY state licence and fishes down there. After talking with him and visiting the New York State DEC website I can see why. NY state bends over backwards to promote and facilitate outdoor activities, with all of money from licences put directly back into the respective programs. By encouraging the participation in outdoor activities, they are also generating increased revenue for the various local communities. Definitely a win-win situation for everyone.

Clearly the Ontario MNR could learn a few things from southern neighbour.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
LORENZO
Participant
Participant

Post by LORENZO »

THE M.N.R REPLY IS. Sorry it took a little time to post the reply, I was away on vacation. But in my opinion its the same old thing ( PASSING THE BUCK ).

Mr. DI LORETO,

The Quebec officers' legal appointments would dictate where they have
authority to enforce the law. I would suggest you contact the Ministry
for Wildlife and Parks of Quebec if you are interested in the details of
their appointment. They can be reached at www.fapaq.gouv.qc.ca.

Regards,

Steve Aubry
District Enforcement Supervisor
Kemptville District

Sent: June 23, 2004 4:06 PM
To: Aubry, Steven (MNR)
Subject: FW: Email regarding Fishing
Last edited by LORENZO on Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

That's the same as saying "We don't know ask someone else" right :?
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Should we really expect our heard earned licensing dollars to go back into Ontario Ministry of Environment programs? You would think so. But then, what was the last political promise you have heard that came true.
Does anyone remember why the GST was introduced? ... a temporary solution to knock down the deficit.
Does anyone remember McGuinty's promise not to increase taxes ...

Here is me bending over and taking it like a good canadian. :? *sigh*

M.T. Livewell
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

If Quebec has the funding to do this why doesn't Ontario.

Liberal governments, that's why
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Hmmmm...

Post by Cancatchbass »

Hmmmm....

We had lots of $$ for enforcement with previous conservative provincial governments? HA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No provincial government we have had for years has cared for our fisheries. That lame answer from the MNR -( No connection to any Environment Ministry :wink: Let's keep the blame where it belongs :lol:) - just highlights how pathetic the sutuation is.

But, like it or not, we share the blame. Gripe all you want to each other and on web sites. That really gets things done. :lol: :lol: :lol: Right!

Enough said. I know I've said all this before.

CCB