What a great day!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

What a great day!!!

Post by fishmaster »

I managed to get one last day in this fall (it's the last one I promise :D ) and it was a great one. I decided to head back to Muskrat after the great time I had last weekend.The bite was a little tough but I did mange 16 smallies and 2 pike. They were biting very softly almost like a walleye bite in the spring. The biggest one I weighed was 3lbs 8 ozs. but I did manage one bigger than that which I didn't weigh(a little over 19 inches) I met a few fish-hawkers there and I also think I saw Bobber out there. I was alone but I did mange a few pics. Image
Image This one was 3lbs 8ozs and fell victim to a gold Mr Champ jigging spoon.
Image This one was 3lbs 6 ozs and bit a custom made Bassmagnet tube. It was a beauty day on the water but I can tell you the smallies are a bit off this fall. They don't seem to be on any sort of pattern and I was speaking to a minnow trapper on the lake and he say's it is impossible to find any bait there right now. I hope the algea bloom this summer didn't do some sort of serious damage. [/img]
bl8ant
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bl8ant »

tough to get pics alone. What kind of structure were you hitting for the smallies, mid lake humps?

Thanks for the report
ASK
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ASK »

We can forget the bite when we see this size of fish.

Thank you for sharing this pics and report.

ASK
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

rods and reels

Post by Big Jim »

I must say I like your choice of rods and reels :D :wink: 8)

BIG JIM
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: rods and reels

Post by fiiish »

Big Jim wrote:I must say I like your choice of rods and reels :D :wink: 8)

BIG JIM
Jeez Big Jim, sounds like a bit of favouritism here. It's almost like they're paying you to say that. :shock: :lol: :wink:

Nice bass fishmaster. :D
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Bl8ant, the fish all came from between 25-35 feet of water. They were mostly along steep shoreline dropoffs. Big Jim, nothing but the best rods and reels :wink: in my boat you know that. I'm new to fishing jigging spoons this year but that Curado/Compre combo makes it a joy. It's real light so my arm doesn't get tired and the quick pick-up of line makes for good hooksets. The rod is a 6'6 which is good for a short guy like me and it is nice and soft for fighting those aggresive smallies. I would really like to spend more time fishing those spoons but my fall is getting to busy with work and getting ready for the baby. Maybe next fall you can come up this way and we can spend a day out there jiggin :) I will really need some stress relief by then I'm sure.