Orlando area Bass Fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
T Dot
Participant
Participant

Post by T Dot »

go to lake ochechobee. i took a guided trip there way way back. the kississime chain of lakes are awesome lakes. watch out for garpike.

gl
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.
Squidjuice
Participant
Participant

Post by Squidjuice »

I was in Orlando two weeks ago and used Jay's bass bustin' service. He's really nice guy who knows his stuff and I highly recommend him.
Even though the weather wasn't the greatest, the bass action was steady and we were able to boat two bass in the 8-9lb range, as well as some chain pickerel and the biggest crappie I have ever seen. We fished the Butler chain of lakes that day as the Kissimmee lakes weren't producing for him.
Be wary of guide services that include the bait in the cost, they use domestic shiners as opposed to wild shiners and you would be lucky to catch a single fish on one of those.
Here is the contact info:

Jay Turner: 407-892-9582
cell: 407-908-4739
XXXL
Participant
Participant

Post by XXXL »

I was down there a couple weeks ago and used AJ's Freelancer Guide Service and fished out on lake Toho in the same chain. Toho caughs up a lot of 10+ fish every year. Capt. Jackson's been Guiding on Toho for 30+ years and knows his way around and where to find fish. Check him out at orlandobass.com.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Check out the services of Captain Tim Fey. I've been out with him twice now, and both times we had a great time. Depending on what the fish have been biting, he'll recommend either live bait or artificial, but you can choose whichever method you want. He just takes you out and will do as much or as little as you want.

Here's a <a href="http://fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewtopic ... 702">story and some pics</a>, with Tim's coordinates if you are interested.

If you book with him, tell him Bobber from Fish-Hawk says hello.

Cheers,
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

If it were me....

Farm 13 - Stick Marsh

http://www.stickmarsh.com/stickmarsh/

Craig
T Dot
Participant
Participant

Post by T Dot »

Bobber wrote:Check out the services of Captain Tim Fey. I've been out with him twice now, and both times we had a great time. Depending on what the fish have been biting, he'll recommend either live bait or artificial, but you can choose whichever method you want. He just takes you out and will do as much or as little as you want.

Here's a <a href="http://fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewtopic ... 702">story and some pics</a>, with Tim's coordinates if you are interested.

If you book with him, tell him Bobber from Fish-Hawk says hello.

Cheers,

nice fish!

how big is that piece of plastic? what type of rod, line and hook did you use?

tia
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

That would be a 10" YUM Dinger with a size 4 or 5 offset hook, rigged texas style. The rod is a Medium Heavy Shimano Compre with 50lbs test PowerPro.

I think that captures the spects. I caught this one off the dock at the resort were were staying at about 1 hour after arriving. Didn't even have a scale.....or a tan for that matter. :)
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
T Dot
Participant
Participant

Post by T Dot »

Bobber wrote:That would be a 10" YUM Dinger with a size 4 or 5 offset hook, rigged texas style. The rod is a Medium Heavy Shimano Compre with 50lbs test PowerPro.

I think that captures the spects. I caught this one off the dock at the resort were were staying at about 1 hour after arriving. Didn't even have a scale.....or a tan for that matter. :)
how long ago was that picture taken? as i dont see those types of baits being sold from them any longer.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

3 years ago, April 2007. They do still sell them. You can get them at many of the shops that support us here.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
T Dot
Participant
Participant

Post by T Dot »

Bobber wrote:3 years ago, April 2007. They do still sell them. You can get them at many of the shops that support us here.
@ 10inches?

thx
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Yup, perhaps our tackle retailers can help me here.

Gord, Ed, Crystal, Wayne, Sean, Yves, Lisa, Keith, Mark, Terry???????

Anyone got 10inch YUM Dingers on the shelf? :D
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

should be some at Baitcasters....hasn't been a lot of demand lately :wink: so there should be some there :)