Order for some free Gulp! I got mine today

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Order for some free Gulp! I got mine today

Post by Snag »

https://www.fsisolutions.com/gulpsurvey/

Gulp! will send you a free sample of some of their 100% biodegradable fish baits.

I got mine in today, they sent me 4 different kinds of plastics.

Its free, so get some! They are expensive to buy anyways.

It takes a few weeks so be patient.

Cheers!
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

I got mine a few weeks back.
P.S. the Gulp baits don't handle being left on the dash of your pick-up in hot sunny weather... they tend to melt all into one liquid :shock: :oops:
But now they are in the fridge and will hopefully gel into one fish-catching Gulp lure.
P.P.S. where do you go for a patent anyway :?: :D
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

banjo wrote:I got mine a few weeks back.
P.S. the Gulp baits don't handle being left on the dash of your pick-up in hot sunny weather... they tend to melt all into one liquid :shock: :oops:
But now they are in the fridge and will hopefully gel into one fish-catching Gulp lure.
P.P.S. where do you go for a patent anyway :?: :D
:lol: :lol: Hmm, I'll remember not to do that! But they are a pain the butt. You can't stick them back in the package, after being used or they will all go bad.
Kingmann
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Kingmann »

Thanks for the heads up snagthis. I am now waiting patiently for the delivery.

JasonM
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Got mine back about a month ago...wierd stuff....Banjos right KEEP OUT OF THE SUN 8) Topwater didn't like the Gulp maggets last winter....or at least I thought that ....as I watch the whole new Jar sink to the bottom :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

big-o wrote:Got mine back about a month ago...wierd stuff....Banjos right KEEP OUT OF THE SUN 8) Topwater didn't like the Gulp maggets last winter....or at least I thought that ....as I watch the whole new Jar sink to the bottom :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
guess that's why they call them "gulp" :lol: :lol:
fisher
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fisher »

I got mine a few weeks ago too,did't catch more fish then the regular stuff.
left one on a jig and it dried like cement,had hard time taking it off with a sharp knife.regular plastic bait,you could use over&over again and still catch fish.I guess that was not a good business idea.they had to make something which doesn't last.I won't be buying any tho.
LORENZO
Participant
Participant

Post by LORENZO »

Thanks Snag This, I just odered mine. Even thought I have plastic coming out of my ying- yang, it is always nice to try one more.

LORENZO ( B.A.A. )
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Got mine too, about a month ago, after John's courteous thread advising how to take advantage of this freebie. I, like Fisher, didn't get any fish "gulping" down the stuff in preference of other softbaits...but...can't resist pinching a penny, ya know! :wink:

W.
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

I got mine a while back and I left the bag unzipped. They all dried out and i was peeded. Anyway I filled the bag up with water and left it for a few days and violla! all back to nomal. Wierd. I heard that it is grouded up fish and silicone. I have not caught anything on them yet.

BASSSTALKER
Dave
Lucannus
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lucannus »

Got mine about a month ago ..

Opened the bag of sampled and then took it outside. That is the most foul smelly stuff out there. I won't even be letting in my boat.

I did make the mistake this winter of dropping some Gulp Maggots on the woodstove of a Petrie Ice Shack. Lets just say we fished outside in -30 weather becuase it was intolerable.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

On the advice of Snag, I also got my gulp sampler.

It includes:

1 6" gulp nightcrawler - natural
1 3" gulp minnow grub - chartreuse
1 4" gulp minnow worm - grn pumpkin seed
1 4" gulp minnow sinking - blk w/ red glitter

I see the nightcrawler and minnow worm getting some hook time.

M.T. Livewell
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

M.T. Livewell wrote:On the advice of Snag, I also got my gulp sampler.

It includes:

1 6" gulp nightcrawler - natural
1 3" gulp minnow grub - chartreuse
1 4" gulp minnow worm - grn pumpkin seed
1 4" gulp minnow sinking - blk w/ red glitter

I see the nightcrawler and minnow worm getting some hook time.

M.T. Livewell
Excellent I got the same set. Make sure you remember you are using gulps. I was using the 3" grub just to test it out, and i put it on a jig head and left it in my box, out of the bag. Didnt take much to dry up and I couldn't even get it off the jig.

What I did was just stick the others I used in another plastic bag, seperate from the Gulps because aparently they will dry out the others after its been used.
ManInBlackForever
Participant
Participant

Post by ManInBlackForever »

I found them too heavy for my liking, and to be honest with you they are also to stiff to rig weightless. General GARBAGE IMHO.

Tommy
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

After buying Gulp at the TO sportsman show in the spring and trying it out from time to time, so far the Berkley Power Grubs still get my vote over this new Gulp stuff. In fact, the Gulp grubs in both chartreuse and yellow have yet to catch me a walleye on days that I've taken them on power grubs of the same size. When back in Perth in May I fished with one bloke at a good pike spot and he caught one small pike with the Gulp bait. In that time I took 4 larger pike with Mepps.

Anyway, the verdict is still considered out, but, if the rest of the season keeps going the way it has, this stuff will find the trash. Afterall, it is a bit of a pain in the butt bait with it's required preservasion.

How are others finding this stuff??????? :?: