Gulp Alive Leaks!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Gulp Alive Leaks!!!

Post by cprince »

I take it for granted sometimes that I am a spazz... given my inability to use a foot control trolling motor with my feet... and penchant for ice fishing through axe trenched ice... but I have bought a few bottles/jars of Gulp Alive... and they have all leaked EVERYWHERE!!

I think I know how to close a jar... I have been doing it for close to 40 years... Those plastic jars suck!!!

I now transfer them directly into some mason jars. When I run out of bait, I put a bunch of my plastics in the juice.

Any one else notice this problem or is it just my continued ineptitude with every day functionality of objects and people around me?

Craig
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

And here I was getting mad at myself for forgetting to close the lid and putting the jar in my pocket..twice!! yes I've had the same problem!
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

All part of living out in the country cprince.......

your a couple of years behind in time...they've had that problem for a while now... :oops: :wink: :lol:
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Mr. T. wrote:Try what eye-tracker suggests.

http://www.fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewt ... &&start=15
Great thread! Eyetracker is a good one to read and has a great idea about the seal.

I think that I will stick to the mason jars... since I don't drink, I like to pretend that I have moon shine!!

@ BA... I am ahead of the curve! You'll see! You'll all see!!!

Craig
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Try some of the new Berkley TEC alive boxes. They have a few different sizes in each tray and so far I haven't been able to make them leak(I've been trying in the basement over the winter).Ed at Paddletales had some in and they were nicely priced.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

fishmaster wrote:Try some of the new Berkley TEC alive boxes. They have a few different sizes in each tray and so far I haven't been able to make them leak(I've been trying in the basement over the winter).Ed at Paddletales had some in and they were nicely priced.
GREAT tip! Thanks!!!

Craig
JZ
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

gulp

Post by JZ »

Just use the gulp in the packages not gulp alive, same product less messy and easier to transport although those trays look cool.
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

cutting the hole rather than peeling the seal absolutely worked perfect for me....another option is I saw that Plano now makes sealed bottles specifically for Gulp
Dirtus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dirtus »

i have always used a small Stainless steel thermos, they work great winter and summer....never leak....
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

The containers suck, i had two of them leak in my tackle box fishing for crappie last spring, had to wash the entire box and it's contents. Good idea with the mason jars
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Lots of things you can do. I have started buying cheap waterproof food containers in various sizes...... they work very well.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

You'd think with a big company like Berkley they could afford to have some engineers re-design the container for them. Pretty sad when you pay almost $20 and you get a leaky container...pretty pi$$ poor in my books....

Decent, albeit soft bait though.
Mr Twister
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mr Twister »

Screw the container issue as the plastic to be zip lock resealible bags we purchase are in my mind to fail so that we have to buy morew at that expensive price!
You cut the line and try to open the seal and some times the sealed portion rips away from the bag and you can kiss that pack good by soon.
I have been using ZipLock brand bags in stead.

Good luck Berkley :wink:

Pauly
IndySKS
Participant
Participant

Post by IndySKS »

I put all of mine in skippy peanut butter jars, no leaks and fits in the bag better.