What are the plans for opener?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

What are the plans for opener?

Post by Dore »

Hey fellas/gallz,

With this spring like weather we have been having lately is it just me or we are all starting to think of spring/summer? :shock: :shock: 8) 8) :lol: :lol: 8) :shock: :D

What are you guys doing for opener ( I know trout opens before walleye, pike ect...) Any plans ........ fishing trip....... camping ect ???

Tought i'd be a nice thread to exchange toughts and what not !

Dore 8)
|Dore|
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

I plan to be up north catching limitis of walleye off a bridge a mile away from my parents farm. Wow I miss being up there...limits of walleye minutes away, bear and grouse hunting in my backyard...gotta love northern Ontario. The following week, I'll surely be on my early season walleye hotspot in Rockland in the new boat, and also nailing some pike in the back bays. I can't wait!

Tight lines,
Yannick
pikeman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pikeman »

I am planning on hitting Charleston Lake for pike on May 8. I've been wanting to try this lake when the season opens.

Pikeman
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

pikeman wrote:I am planning on hitting Charleston Lake for pike on May 8. I've been wanting to try this lake when the season opens.
Pikeman
Pikeman, having a family cottage on that lake has given me years and years of fishing there... I can give you some tips/spots for pike on Charleston if you're hearts set on it... but, honestly it's not a good pike spot at all. Lakers and Smallies rule those waters with bucket mouths being in decent supply.

As for me, on opener.. I'm not sure.. it'll be in my boat wetting line for something... likely walleye cause I want to get into fishing for them (learn how) and opening weekend would be a good time to learn given the success-rate would be higher than the dog-days of summer... I'd think.
pikeman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pikeman »

Hey hookup, I would love the info. I could mank an informed decision. You can Pm me.

Pikeman
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

PM Sent.
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

PM Sent.
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

1 trout ....
2 walleye at camp
3 BIG PIKE in back bays up at camp
4 smallmouth/largemouth on the ottawa

looks like its gonna be a decent season
JZ
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

rice

Post by JZ »

Taking a 4 day weekend on Rice lake May 14-17, and will be hitting panfish locally as soon as the ice is gone. Thats the only trip planned right now but my cousin and I have decided to plan 1 long weekend fishing trip a season, haven't decided on summer and fall yet but I think we have settled on Nipising for next winter.
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

:-) This is not a 'do a search' reply. Just thought you might be interested in some of the answers here:

http://www.fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewt ... 080#308778

Early May, I hope to go with a buddy to some remote lakes in Quebec for trout.

Then mid-may, with some luck, Yannick is gonna to take me for a tour on the Ottawa.
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

Well a tour of the Ottawa near Rockland for sure Eric. As of this afternoon the boat is 100% ready to go. It's a mean green fish catching machine, especially early in the season, the fish are suicidal around here.

Yannick
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

ha ha ha. You just made my day. The fish are suicidal.... Can't WAIT to get on the water.
McQ
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by McQ »

I'll be heading up to Nemio on the Gouin Reservoir in early May - Walleye & Pike for me. I'll stay until the end of June, come back to town for July and then be back for the month of August - PRIME TIME!!!!!!
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

I plan to hit some ice out lakers for the first time ever.

After that I'll be on the St. Lawrence for the opening of 'eye season.

pikeman wrote:I am planning on hitting Charleston Lake for pike on May 8. I've been wanting to try this lake when the season opens.

Pikeman
I'd be careful on Charleston. Over the years there have been people staying at the lodges for early season bass.......oops I mean pike. The property owners are not impressed with the OOS bass fishing and are quite a vocal lot when it come to protecting "their" bass.
Doesn't matter if you are honestly fishing for pike, you will get a talking to.

I honestly feel there are better pike waters than Charleston.....and a lot less BS

DS
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

Well I should be hitting lake O for some browns in March.

Gonna try my luck on the Niagara come Easter Weekend with some buddies.

Then onto some local lakes for crappies before walleye and pike and trout opener.

Hoping to get an early start as I seem to get too busy in summer with the family to fish as much as I'd like.