Buckhams Bay Boat Launch Update

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Flipper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Buckhams Bay Boat Launch Update

Post by Flipper »

Still iced as of today...hopefully wide open by the weekend. I checked at Fitzroy Harbour too.

Code: Select all

<object><param></param><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H9vVfxqemos&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

the most ridiculous boat launch I've ever had a hand in building :lol: :lol: :lol:
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

bucketmouth wrote:the most ridiculous boat launch I've ever had a hand in building :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's obviously too late to address the Buckhams launch site....thanks to our mindless federal government, Port Authority and or Fisheries And Oceans. This is a 3/4 million dollar waste of money......every time I use this new launch, I get angry that the locals could'nt find a better user solution for that access.

RETARDS!!!

It is nice to see the ice coming off but the dock is overkill and nowhere near high water levels....retards!!
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

Is that the launch in constance bay?
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

What's so wrong with it?...I spent my summers on Buckhams as a kid and always used that ramp......other than when its real low water it seemed ok to me when I've been there lately....maybe I'm missing something... :lol:

RJ
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

did you use it last year at all Rob? It sits about 4+ feet too high...
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Oh..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And no I haven't in a few years...
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

bucketmouth wrote: It sits about 4+ feet too high...
and its impossible to get any fish up onto it unless you shoreland them :cry: ...i liked the old launch better 8) :lol: :lol:
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

I kinda like it actually.......it seems to keep the "tourists" away :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

in the video at fitzroy i didn't see my canoe i wonder if someone stole it again......if so hopfully they will bring it back again with another big hole in it like last year.

thanks for the video, now i no i cant go to my friends cottage yet

chen k
Flipper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Flipper »

Chen, there was a white canoe there.

Yes the piers are way too high - somebody is going to crack their skull on the concrete trying to climb out of the boat.

The best thing, IMHO, for the launches is to add a floating wood section off the end of the concrete pier like the way it is at Quyon. Connect the floating part to the concrete part with a ramp. They will rise and fall with the water level.

The angle of the ramps needs to be changed too. It's fine when the river is really low but the dams have been running high water levels for the last two summers. It's really hard to get the boat on or off the trailer when it's up high. Especially getting it back on; the bow wants to go under the winch.

I think the limited parking helps keep the tourists away too :)
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

Yes, its still there
thank you for the update, but yes that boat launch is a peice of S***. My buddy tired to put in his boat and had to put his car way in to launch it. They put no though what so ever on the water levels when makeing that launch.

Chen K
surferal
Participant
Participant

boat launch

Post by surferal »

they did some work on the Buckhams bay launch last, not sure what they did. We need a floating dock for sure. As for local input, I live three houses from the launch and I'm pretty sure no one asked me how to build it !
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: boat launch

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

surferal wrote:they did some work on the Buckhams bay launch last, not sure what they did. We need a floating dock for sure. As for local input, I live three houses from the launch and I'm pretty sure no one asked me how to build it !
Did you not go to the Lighthouse for breakfast and ask MR. ELI-EL-CHANTIRY why this has not been corrected yet?????....elections are coming up....this was one of the biggest screw ups I've seen out here in a while now!!! :twisted:
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: boat launch

Post by jwhite »

TroutnMuskieHunter wrote:
Did you not go to the Lighthouse for breakfast and ask MR. ELI-EL-CHANTIRY why this has not been corrected yet?????....elections are coming up....this was one of the biggest screw ups I've seen out here in a while now!!! :twisted:
MMMmmm....I miss Lighthouse breakfasts.