April 10 - Crappie Report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

Fishin Musician wrote:Nothing for me either. The Crappie shut down hopefully they will come back. :cry:

But Good news in my souting this weekend I found a very cool spot easy access from shore that held a tonne of blue gils. Every cast produced a good size blue gil. I only stayed about a half hour and checked a few fallen trees and rubble and found no crappie so I went home. Good news is that when it warms up I think this will be a great crappie spot. 8)

And when June comes along maybe I too can look like 24/7 and throw out my arm with a huge large mouth. I may have to loose a few pounds and get some tatoos, wear a hoody. On second thought I will just take a pic of the bass. :lol:

Good luck with the hunt for Crappie let us know when the bite is back on. I am sure when it comes back it will be good everywhere.

Thanks

Hey if you can't catch any fish just play the blues, jazz or funk or whatever turns your crank. Just not that computer dance crap that is not music. 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Top-water and i were out also, Mike caught one half decent crappie.. the other 9 were 7inches and down, we did manage a pile of dink Blue gills .

Going to try again next week
beerheart
Participant
Participant

Lower Rideau

Post by beerheart »

I'll be on the LR wed afternoon at the same spot I had good success a week ago. Will post the results.
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

I tried to convince someone the Crapolas would not be in the same spot they found them a week ago... they didn't buy it... til they caught none :lol:
let the slay commence
Dirtus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dirtus »

out again tonight, on fire again, only kept 20 , we must have caught 75 fish in 2 hrs tonight..........a little more selective tonight thou.....cam is in the shop but my pal took a couple of pic's , post when i get them.....

andy
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Out4trout has got folks yappin'.....I like it! :D
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
TBM
Participant
Participant

Post by TBM »

I went out to the Rideau on Sunday from about 10 to 4. The crappie fishing did not materialize as I had hoped and we landed one perch from my two sandy bottomed favorite canals. The water temperature ranged from 50 F to 53 F which was much cooler than the preferred 58 F - 61 F. I think the stable hot weather in early April, which shifted to cooler rainy weather of late, either made the crappie retreat to deep water or have shut them down.

That said, my curiosity has been satisfied and the season is still early (3 out of the 4 launch areas were still closed) and I do not believe we missed the bite. I think the weather pattern in the foreseeable future will bring the seasonable fish migration back to a near normal situation. This means that the next 2 - 4 weekends should be prime for crappie.