Close.....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Hey WIG with the new Optimax and 4 stroke engines you never need to fill your tank. In the last 4 years I think I filled my boat up less then 5 times. A gas tank can last me a week or more so I would rather fill it with enough gas for 2-3 days and have less weight to trailler and drag around the water. It doesn't take long to know your boat and if you know your only fishing one or two days that week well fill it acordingly, man a weekend worrior can fill his tank and never see a gas station for over a month. :)
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Steve-K wrote:WIG, did you look at Crestliner's? Just curious because I think they look like a pretty good rig also.
Hey Steve, no I haven't had the chance to look at them. Maybe this week!!
Trophymuskie wrote:Hey WIG with the new Optimax and 4 stroke engines you never need to fill your tank. In the last 4 years I think I filled my boat up less then 5 times. A gas tank can last me a week or more so I would rather fill it with enough gas for 2-3 days and have less weight to trailler and drag around the water. It doesn't take long to know your boat and if you know your only fishing one or two days that week well fill it acordingly, man a weekend worrior can fill his tank and never see a gas station for over a month.
Well Tm, yes that's the part I'm relishing actually, not having to fill up every trip :!: :shock: :lol:

Thanks again guys for all the tips and suggestions!

Come Heck or highwater, I'll have a boat ready when I'm back from PEI.

Then team four..moves to another level :twisted: :wink: I hope :lol: :lol:
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Geez I can't believe nobody mentioned Lund. I have a Lund/4 stroke Yamaha outfit that I love. I had a Tracker at one time which in my opinion was pure junk. Looked nice though, fancy pkg. My brother inlaw had a Legend that he turfed after one year. A friend has a Princecraft that is ok but its not a Lund. Dosen't seem as solid and is much lighter for the length. Some guys think that they are expensive but I didn't find them like that.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Tracker

Post by eye-tracker »

I am sure you know most of the features of the Targa you are looking at. So I will let you know the cons...
If you have any work to be done it has to go back to the USA factory. Tracker moves alot of boats in the US so service for Canada is a bit slow...

good luck...
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Smitty
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Princecraft - Nothing better

Post by Smitty »

Hi WIG

I recently purchased a 2000 Princecraft Pro Series 167 SC - and I am really happy with the boat....it has a 50HP 4stroke Evinrude motor which gets the boat up on plane quickly and tops out at 40mph with a full load.

I also really like the fact that I am buying a Canadian product with 50 years of experience behind them, I believe Legend boats are also Canadian - but I have driven in both and don't find them as stable as the Princecraft and the boats are often sold under powered....just my personal opinion.

The livewell on the 2003 Princecraft is not big enough...it is 44", 77 L/20 U.S. gal. - how many fish are you keeping??

Let us know what you decide

Sam
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

ganman wrote:Geez I can't believe nobody mentioned Lund. I have a Lund/4 stroke Yamaha outfit that I love. I had a Tracker at one time which in my opinion was pure junk. Looked nice though, fancy pkg. My brother inlaw had a Legend that he turfed after one year. A friend has a Princecraft that is ok but its not a Lund. Dosen't seem as solid and is much lighter for the length. Some guys think that they are expensive but I didn't find them like that.
Hoping to get out Wednesday afternoon to look at the Lunds, hearing enough good things, they warrant a look. Also, I believe I've ruled out a LEGEND, at least from Hurst!!
eye-tracker wrote:I am sure you know most of the features of the Targa you are looking at. So I will let you know the cons...
If you have any work to be done it has to go back to the USA factory. Tracker moves alot of boats in the US so service for Canada is a bit slow...

good luck...
Thanks for the info on the Tracker!! Should certainly help with the decision!

sam wrote:The livewell on the 2003 Princecraft is not big enough...it is 44", 77 L/20 U.S. gal. - how many fish are you keeping??

It's not that I'm keeping a lot of fish, it's that when I do, I want them to be able to swim around and stay alive. The boat I looked at had maybe a 44" long livewell but, it was at most 10" wide!! What's that about? For a boat manufacturer that I must say I hear very few negative things about, you'd think they'd have all that stuff straightened out by now???

I appreciate your input though, thanks again everyone!
fisher
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fisher »

If you can,I would sugest you look at Crestliner before you make your final choice.
good luck,