Looking for Eastern Ontario Trout Lake.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Now now boys........ at least jimmy and I keep it half civil...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

And I thought the musky guys were nuts..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the record TMH...that's Homer....not Bart.

RJ
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

RJ wrote:And I thought the musky guys were nuts..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the record TMH...that's Homer....not Bart.

RJ
:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Jimmy's DONE fighting with folks on here.
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

jimmy doesn't send me nasty emails and not back what he had to say!
but musky boy does and the reason he does is because i asked a question about a lake and when he saw the post sent me a nasty email because i had mentioned a lake on here and as far as i'm concerned i dont care how many people fish a certain lake there is enough to go around for everyone and i will continue to mention lakes on here. so musky boy get used to it there will be a lot more try stopping me !
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

fishin mission wrote:jimmy doesn't send me nasty emails and not back what he had to say!
but musky boy does and the reason he does is because i asked a question about a lake and when he saw the post sent me a nasty email because i had mentioned a lake on here and as far as i'm concerned i dont care how many people fish a certain lake there is enough to go around for everyone and i will continue to mention lakes on here. so musky boy get used to it there will be a lot more try stopping me !
Don't waste your time Bro. If your educated and read it must mean you are a know-it-all.... :lol:
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
Sportspal
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Sportspal »

Who wants to go fishing?
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Dutchy,

As has been stated, pick up a Backroads Mapbook, Stocking List and a GPS loaded with a chip......and you have everything you need to start exploring those lakes.....

For most some mode of transportation will be needed but once you have a quad or sled....the Hills are "yours to discover". :lol:

While I personally think the fishing is WAY overrated in the Hills, it is a beautiful place to fish once off the beaten path.

RJ
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Sportspal wrote:Here is a quick list of "trout" lakes that I know of, but have yet to fish. This might be old news to some, but maybe some Hawkers may enjoy this:

Brook Lake -Off the 511 via Luker rd, stocked with Browns;
Joe's Lake - Off Lavant Darling rd, apparently stocked with Specs;
Grindstone Lake - North of Pleyna, stocked with Splake;
Mosque Lake - North of Pleyna, stocked with Bows, contains lakers;
Little Mosque lake -same area, stocked with Specs;
Brule Lake - same area, lakers
Farren Lake - south of Maberly, stocked with Splake;

I'm sure there are bunches more that are less known. What I did last year was pack the truck with snacks for the day, took a Backroads book and a stocking list, and went for a drive. Found a bunch of lakes that I could launch my boat at, discovered some new launches, and some not so good launches that could never handle my boat, or were too "natural" for anything more than a tinny.

Good luck!
Good list of perch lakes there!!! :lol:

And to Jimmy's question about increased pressure..................YES. 1st hand knowledge of a few of those lakes getting more pressure after I mentioned them. One I can tell you has tripled with pressure...Now before someone goes off on me I can not say it is actually 100% tripled but maybe 80% sure it has. It is not only this though. It is the availablilty of more availablility of things on the net and the ease of searching for this availability. Did you know if I search for modern funeral attire i found this in 2 seconds....
.http://www.runningforums.com/modern_fun ... 18946.html

Or how about world record for biggest booger ever...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAqbXvPd2Y8

* WARNING MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR SOME VIEWERS*

Pretty easy
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

RJ wrote:As has been stated, pick up a Backroads Mapbook, Stocking List and a GPS loaded with a chip......and you have everything you need to start exploring those lakes.....
Exactly! Why waste your time asking a fishing related question on a fishing related forum when you can do it yourself in double the time and quadruple the money. :lol:
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

this is a fishing site??? get out! here i thought i was at a secret service meeting on line,,,,,
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

fishin mission wrote:this is a fishing site??? get out! here i thought i was at a secret service meeting on line,,,,,
If it was you would be taken out for mentioning it. We just make it look like a fishing site....Dang now I have talked too.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Dutchydr
Participant
Participant

Post by Dutchydr »

Well, thanks to those of you that sent me a PM..

As I stated in post #1, I have the stocking lists and I have the Back-roads map. I have a GPS and I have the will to head deep into bug heaven in pursuit of fish. I am not looking to have anything handed to me, nor am I to lazy to "search" the net for info...asking this question is a form of gathering information, not much different then "searching" for it your way. What is a fishing forum for, if not to share information?

I was using logic, asking people that would actually have the information I seek. Searching google for a trout lake is like reading through a romance novel..takes a long time to sort through the crap.

Anyway thanks again to all those that are not elitist and shared some info.
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

TroutnMuskieHunter wrote:
Sportspal wrote: I've posted nothing that isn't available through the stocking lists, or using the Backroads map book.
These lakes are stocked for public use, and most have true public boat launches, so why is this information supposed to be kept a secret?

When an angler buys a fishing license, this permits them to fish these opportunities that the Ministry provides for that purpose.

My opinion, take it or leave it, is that some people on this site have a false sense of entitlement and ownership over what belongs to the entire public. :?
So why post the names of those lakes over the internet???....if people want to search for trout lakes, then they can do like I did and MANY people I know on this site did.......get the STOCKING lists and/or Backroads maps and go spend some weekends searching for the lakes you desire to fish!!!....
Yep, I'm inclined to agree. Not just about trout lakes though!
The problem isn't really an increase in angling pressure (though that certainly is an issue), it's all the non-angling activities that go along with naming spots on the www. The ever-growing whitebucket mafia has access to computers like everyone else :lol:
Basically, don't be naive. Not everyone who reads angling forums is an angler. I used to be naive but learned very quickly what happens when you blab on the internet.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Whats the Big Deal about giving out the name of a Trout Lake on the internet/Fish-Hawk... :? :?

Like hundreds and hundreds of dudes would flock right over to it and fish it out... :roll:
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017