Trout Fishing Hotspots

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Hook_line_n_sinker
Participant
Participant

Trout Fishing Hotspots

Post by Hook_line_n_sinker »

Hey Guys, I'm new to the trout fishing scene, had my first experience about a month ago in Algonquin park and pardon the pun,I got hooked. Looking for some spots around the Ottawa area. Anything within an hour-hour and a half of downtown. Anything helpful would be much appreciated.
Thanx
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Lapointe...

:lol:
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
D-mo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by D-mo »

here is how find your fishies ....
backroads roadmap of eastern Ontario
stocking lists
research
and lots of exercise and trial and error.

d-mo

good luck.
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

D-mo wrote:here is how find your fishies ....
backroads roadmap of eastern Ontario
stocking lists
research
and lots of exercise and trial and error.

d-mo

good luck.
Thats about the best advice you will get....fishermen take trout hotspots to the grave with them
Wishing I was fishing
Sportspal
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Sportspal »

There was a similar post not very long ago on here. Maybe a week exactly. Use the search option on this site, it comes in handy sometimes.
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

There should be a sticky at the top of the forum regarding asking for spots before earning street cred (or 50 posts), and getting yourself known.

Within an hour-and-a-half from Ottawa: In Messines Quebec, on Highway 105, there is a small pond you can fish. Open all year. Pay per inch.
Sportspal
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Sportspal »

I think there is a big difference between 50 posts, and 50 quality posts.

I know this issue has been beat to death a few times now, but Fish-Hawk is supposed to be a fishing community, and a community should welcome new members with open arms, not back handed comments about getting fish at fish stores and trout farms.

Remember, at some point, every person here had less than 50 posts, and I bet a little help along the way before they hit some trivial number of posts which somehow equals respect on here?

My 2 cents.

-Chris
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Hey Guinness Dude....

This was YOUR very first post on FH............ :lol:
GuinnessGuy wrote:Where is this Ruisseau de la Brasserie? Where's the best place to park your car?
RJ
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

good luck with that Chris you thought it was a fishing site .....wronggggggggg this is the secret service site no information must be given out just in case you go fish out that lake !!
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

:lol: :lol:

Your something else Dano.....

Or any fishing location on the net for that matter, not just trout. Jig Head and I learned the hard way a couple times over the years posting on FH after being a bit too kind with a more than a few Hawkers. Jig Head and I thought we were doing a great deed by taking out a couple people out in the ol' McCullock for some catching and had asked nothing in return really except we did make it clear to please, not take anyone back.

This has happened twice to me. Getting to a lake to fish that I've certainly never told anyone about with the exception of a few to see that spot is punched out, and guys poppin' hole to hole catching fish...in a area that Jig Head and I have never seen another angler in our lifetime. I was very upset. It's very simple, some are just too lazy to do the leg work to find there own spots and also have the nerve to go back shown to them, no matter what you asked them. It's no different than guiding someone, and they tag along there GPS to record data. Taking into consideration I knew the fellas and never got a call, never in a million years was I expecting to see someone back there. I was considered ''Selfish'' by some :shock:

So to you HLIS, I suggest that you follow the advise of the other people posting here. You won't get any info out of me but I will say that there is an awesome feeling when you find your own hot spot. About 5 years ago I was in your position after catching my first trout..hooked right on scene. It was very hard to find any info on message boards and I know why now.

Welcome to Fish-Hawk by the way 8)
Last edited by Tip-up on Thu May 27, 2010 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Guinness Dude....again... :lol:

This was your 4th post here....
GuinnessGuy wrote:HI All,

I'm hoping to go out crappie fishing on the weekend. Does anyone know if the ice is out at the Long Island Locks? Is there another good spot I can hit (25 minutes driving from downtown Ottawa, any direction)?

I checked Petrie today and that's out of the question...

Thanks
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

look up the calabogie map and there are tonne of trout lakes up there
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

don't help anyone on this site it's a sin
,,,,,,,ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh top secret !!
is there still fish in that lake tip-up ,,answer would be yes so whatttttttttttttttttttt you shared a spot with someone woooooopiiieeeeeee
Last edited by fishin mission on Thu May 27, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Nice hook set RJ :lol:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

ganman wrote:Nice hook set RJ :lol:
Great to see ya still kickin around fella.... :lol: