Top Water Walleye.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Top Water Walleye.

Post by Xenos »

I’ve been fishing for quite a while now, but I have never caught a walleye on top water. Not only did I catch 2 today, I caught them between 2 and 3 Pm in shallow water with the sun shining.

Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

THey were probably just cruising, minding their own business when a giant orange crankbait blocked out the sun and then struck them in the head. :lol:
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Way to go Xenos!

Post by Cancatchbass »

Way to go Xenos!

The ol' giant muskie-sized bait walleye surface pattern!

I guess it's a secret no more...

Rack up some more points for TEAM 3! :lol:

CCB
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

I have caught four walleye now to date on topwater. One on a spook and the others on rebel pop'r with white tail.
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Totaly weird eh :roll: Nice fish though and everytime the fantastic four think they're gaining on us we creep ahead.. i dunno what the other teams are doing.. fishing perhaps :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm hoping for some smallies tomorrow as i've only had two... i'm culling the LMB now but hoping for a few decent pike... I'm going to leave the muskie and walleye till the fall most likely but you never know what you'll get when you have a bait in the water.

I popped in at eds tonight and picked up some hart spinners.. very nice baits indeed... i like the translucent skirts and red trailer and not that exspensive either. It was kinda quiet though with it not being a thursday :lol:
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Xenos, you are sick :?: Do you ever get any sleep?..........Guess not....Workin' for the screamin' reels must be nice :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a really nice fish you have there 8) 8)
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

Actually this derby is driving me nuts, I can’t sleep… I have been reviewing the numbers and notice I can get better points if I target Crappy and Perch. Watch out pan fish, here I come.
Rescue78
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rescue78 »

Nice one Xenos :!:

I've seen walleye caught on a Zara Spook, walking the dog over 30 ft of water in Crotch Lake. My father in-law was in the boat doing that while I was tubing for smallies and I thought he was crazy. That thing hit the spook, I tought it was a smallie untill I saw the dorsal on it. Just before it got in the net, it snapped one side of a treble hook. Makes a nice "the one that got away story" but it surprised the heck out of me.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

SWEET Xenos!!!I have only ever got 1 eye on a pop-r like basstalker.But thats a pretty big Sledge to be fishin walleye :lol:

See you in the mornin!!!

T.L F.F
Erikatchandrelease
Participant
Participant

Post by Erikatchandrelease »

I thought this post was a joke, especially when I saw the pic with the musky lure! Can't say I ever caught a walleye on topwater. I'm lucky if I can catch walleye at all here in Western NY.
Walleye Killer
Participant
Participant

Post by Walleye Killer »

That's one nice eye you got there Xenos. I've only caught on on top water before and it was a complete fluke. Last minute bass excursion on Lake Clear with a cheap rod. Top of the reel broke, popper was just sitting in about 20ft of open water. I went to pull it in with my hands and as soon as I touched it a 20incher was all over :shock: it hurt like hell bringing it in hand over hand. I like your way better.

good luck and great fishin.

Walleye Killer
E.S.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Nice one Xenos! Can't say I've had the pleasure of catching a topwater Wallie. But that's likely due to the fact, I spend a limited amount of my time tossing topwater gear.

Just made targeting Bass a little more appealing now :!: :roll: :lol: :lol: