Manotic Mill Fishing?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

Manotic Mill Fishing?

Post by AverageAngler »

Hey all,
Question about Walleye. I fish The mill in manotic and have had great luck with walleye ranging from 10-16inches, but lately, I havent been able to catch any now that the rapids are slower and the water level has decreased in depth. I love to fish there and dont wanna find a new hole just yet! Any help?? Thanks.
--AA-- :evil:
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Hey Average,

There's always the Supermarket :!: :lol:

Just kidding, have you tried moving to deeper water in the area? How deep is the water you're refering too? Try different presentations, what do you normally throw at them? Worm/jig combo cranks? Try Minnow/jig combo, worm harness, spinner/grub combos. It's endless really.
Unless they've completely moved out of the area....At which point, move around until you find them again!

Goodluck :!:

Let us know if you find 'em again!
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

Hey AA002

I used to live in Manotick for five years and fished that Mill often. Once they reduce the flow, the walleye are outta there. You can still catch lots of various types of panfish and the odd pike or bass, but the walleye are gone.

Try fishing the Long Island locks of walleye is the target.

Mick
Walleye Killer
Participant
Participant

Post by Walleye Killer »

Hey Buddy,

I was there last night and the combination of low flow and overfishing have moved everything outathere. I think we'll have better luck with stalker at black rapids or at long island like Mick said. The fish are there for sure. I lost a big eye right at the locks :x Gotta be more. But I think we should target muskie and possibly carp as well. Give us a good chance of putting some points on the board, if we manage to get in the derby.See ya on Sunday. As for now I'm out to Killaloe to catch some rainbow and possibly a few big Pike. Maybe I'll even hit that speckle creek we talked about. Anyways

Goodluck and great fishing,

Walleye Killer
E.S.
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

thanks

Post by AverageAngler »

The water is shallow and the fish almost seem "trapped" in the location. I believe it at the deepest point 8feet deep! I often use YUM green/black grub works best for me there. Havent used live bait yet! Ill giver a try
Cheers'

Wall-I-Guy wrote:Hey Average,

There's always the Supermarket :!: :lol:

Just kidding, have you tried moving to deeper water in the area? How deep is the water you're refering too? Try different presentations, what do you normally throw at them? Worm/jig combo cranks? Try Minnow/jig combo, worm harness, spinner/grub combos. It's endless really.
Unless they've completely moved out of the area....At which point, move around until you find them again!

Goodluck :!:

Let us know if you find 'em again!
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

thanks

Post by AverageAngler »

Thanks for the tips lads!
I guess the Locks are going to be my new hole
Cheers'
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

I used to fish the Mill every year and once the water went down we would go fish at Long island locks. The Mill is basicly a spring spot I found, we did catch a few pike casting from above the dam towards the bridge in and around that foam that gets created by the fast water..
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

Went fishing at three spots today.Jock R. at Greenback,below the dam at Long Island Locks,and below Manotick Mill.Only luck at Long locks.1 walleye .
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

MILL

Post by AverageAngler »

Thanks for the tips.
I will try between Maoctic in different places.
Cheers'
--Brian--
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

Size?

Post by AverageAngler »

Was it a good size??
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

The walleye was 10" long.Not a big one.
Try fishing in Kars at the boat launch.
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

humm

Post by AverageAngler »

10" not bad, at least you caught something right? I havent tried Kars, but will now. Thanks
-AA-