Ontario's Best Walleye ? What Lake ?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
kenbo
Participant
Participant

Ontario's Best Walleye ? What Lake ?

Post by kenbo »

I would like to have some opinions on which lake is the BEST walleye fishing in Ontario, I have one week of vacation this year and am seeking some good walleye fishing , thank you Kenbo
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Hey kenbo, welcome aboard. I guess it depends on what exactly you're after. The Bay of Quinte has some great walleye action, not to mention, great sizes to them as well. A lot of great places to stay in the area too.

If you're after smaller and more edible sizes, well any of the rivers in the Ottawa area hold great Walleye action which, if you read this baord enough, will be easy to figure out where.

If you're after an actual "lake" to rent a cottage, or just visit, there are many places. One I can mention specifically is Camp Walleye up at Arden. On Buck Lake. Has some great action to offer in regards to Wallies.

Also Muskrat Lake up near Cobden. Check the thread at the top of this section, "Memories from Muskrat". You'll get an Idea of what it's like from the thread. We all stayed at Lakeside Cottages, great place to spend some time.

I'm sure you'll get other places recommended too!

Goodluck where ever you go. Let us know how you do!

Post by Guest »

WIG is correct! nice recommendations. I have aheard a ton of good things about Arden as well... nice people who run the lodge as well. For trophy eyes check out Merlin park , top notch cabins, service and some big eyes
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Go North young man, go waaaaay north.

Especially if you want numbers. I'm driving out west in a couple weeks taking Hwy 11 through Hearst/Geraldton and I can't wait to drop a jig into those Shield lakes.
kamala
Participant
Participant

Post by kamala »

Lake Erie is #1
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Best walleye lake in ontario...
For summer time walleye I would have to give my vote to Lac Seul.
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

surprised no one mentioned the Moon River, French River or Bad River all excellent Walleye waters that empty into Georgian Bay. Not lakes agreed but definitely great Walleye waters.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Qunite Gets My Vote

Post by Seaweed »

The Bay of Quinte is another world all together when it comes to walleye. There is perhaps one Great Lake, Erie that comes close but ..... We are talking about Erie there and that isn't what the water conditions are in the Bay of Quinte.

My vote... Goes to Quinte
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

i fished Quinte for the first time late fall (Dec. & Jan)....the fish I seen comming out of there were world Class ...the biggest one was 19.9 lbs....most were in the 12 to 15 lbs range, trophys any where...so my vote has to go to Quinte :D
Jamesh
Participant
Participant

Post by Jamesh »

Lake erie is right up there for sizes and also the Grand river is excellent certain times of the year especially right now.