Walleye derbies in ottawa region??

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Gratton89
Participant
Participant

Walleye derbies in ottawa region??

Post by Gratton89 »

I took part in the wendover walleye derby the past weekend (Great event by the way and very well organized) and I'm just wondering if there are any other derbies (Walleye preferably but any chance to get on the water is great) in the ottawa area. I'm not looking to drive very far, 2 or 3 hours of driving max.

I've tried to find some on the internet but the only thing I came up with was the kiwanis. :?

Anyways If anyone could give me a websites that updates you on the regions derbies or just few derbies it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot and good fishin!
Hollywood
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hollywood »

We're glad you had a good time and thanks for coming!! Check the website over the next week or so, I will be adding photos, etc as I get them in!
Fishing is a heritage we need to teach. Take a kid fishing! And take me too while you're at it.
Terry_F
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Walleye derbies in ottawa region??

Post by Terry_F »

Gratton89 wrote:I took part in the wendover walleye derby the past weekend (Great event by the way and very well organized) and I'm just wondering if there are any other derbies (Walleye preferably but any chance to get on the water is great) in the ottawa area. I'm not looking to drive very far, 2 or 3 hours of driving max.

I've tried to find some on the internet but the only thing I came up with was the kiwanis. :?

Anyways If anyone could give me a websites that updates you on the regions derbies or just few derbies it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot and good fishin!
Check out the Ottawa Region Walleye League www.orwl.ca we have a 9 event series, no big money, but bragging rights for the trophies. It is also a qualifier for an AIM event later in the year. www.aimfishing.com
99 Princecraft 176
98 115 Johnson Ficht
VHF Call terry f 316014005
NPAA 537