Tracker Boats!!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
walleyemen
Participant
Participant

Post by walleyemen »

RJ wrote:That is not only my opinion I will add.

If impact is covered...you'll be fine. Like I said in the eyes of the experienced sheet metal guys and obviously Tracker as well that has been caused by impact with something whether it was you or whatever they did with it as a demo boat then repaired as you contend.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you over it, it is a terrible situation you are in and just wanted to pass on experienced opinions on the subject before the newspapers, media and lemons comments start to fly from the Peanut Gallery like it did on OFN.

I wish you the best of luck dude....I'd be devastated without my boat for a week nevermind what you are going through.
I again appreciate your apinion, no agrument here, if it was impact then i have nothing to worry about, thanks again have a look at my other pics , floors were out due to the carpet rottening and me installing new carpet.

RJ
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

So it looks like you are figuring that there was some sort of impact (Power loading being the prime suspect) damage that was sustained by the boat before you ever took ownership of it.

Yes?

That would be the only way to explain the bondo.

That would make the marina that sold it to you at fault for selling you the boat without full disclosure... Yes?

I suppose that you have to do some detective work to find out what really happened. Find out who was in charge of that boat during the boat shows and demos that is must have been subjected to... and get the real story on paper. Hopefully, those involved are no longer employed by the marina and wont fear their jobs by telling you the truth.

What kind of money are you looking at to get this thing fixed?

Craig
walleyemen
Participant
Participant

Post by walleyemen »

My buddy's had the exact same cracks, insurance wrote his off, estimate was $10000 from Grumpy's, tracker marines repair guy, for his boat, i too thought the same as RJ about being rough loading it running it, but after mine did the same thing, i changed my mind, a search on line shows i'm not the only one, there are lots with the exact same issues, bottom line i was sold a defective boat, i bought the boat from tracker marine, not the boat show,
Gordo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gordo »

walleyemen wrote:My buddy's had the exact same cracks, insurance wrote his off, estimate was $10000 from Grumpy's, tracker marines repair guy, for his boat, i too thought the same as RJ about being rough loading it running it, but after mine did the same thing, i changed my mind, a search on line shows i'm not the only one, there are lots with the exact same issues, bottom line i was sold a defective boat, i bought the boat from tracker marine, not the boat show,
Did you buy this boat directly from Tracker or a local marine shop in your area?
Gord

NPAA#553
walleyemen
Participant
Participant

Post by walleyemen »

Boat was purchased at bass pro shop tracker marine.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Wow....sounds like a nightmare!!

I recently purchased a Tracker Tundra 20 and just love it!!!!...There are also a few members on this site that own Trackers and have had them out on big bodies of water with no issues I know of....

Good luck and I hope you can some type of settlement...
Last edited by troutnmuskiehunter on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walleyemen
Participant
Participant

Post by walleyemen »

I loved the boat as well, handled the water nice, wide, deep, always felt safe with the kids in it, just this one problem!
Graembo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Graembo »

From the pics, it looks like it sat overnight on the rocks through a storm, the damage doesn't appear to be in line with the carpeted trailer bunks. If carpet did that much damage my knees I'd be walking around like Cotton Hill.

I'd say put some gray marine-tex http://www.marinetex.com/marinetexepoxyputty.html on it and go fishing.

File your insurance claim in the fall for hitting 'something' then you're not out a boat for the summer/season.
horsehunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by horsehunter »

Did you find any of these others on line with bondo issues

I would think impact should dent and stretch rather than crack
I love golf it keeps thousands of unworthy off the water
starrman
Participant
Participant

Tracker boats

Post by starrman »

I've been checking out this string with interest as I own the same boat you're talking about. It's going into it's seventh year and I've yet to have problem with it. As for big water and power loading, it works like a dream. The reason I bought it was the welded hull. But like anything that's manufactured, there can be a few lemons. (although it looks like the retailer didn't come totally clean with you)

Ed
Trisomy21
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Trisomy21 »

Well Tracker Marine is clearly at fault here. I'd call them up and tell them they'd be receiving a letter to appear in small claims court soon. That usually scares most businesses into action.
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

I had the same thing with my boat its a legend my hull had a crack about 6in and I had it welded at orleans boat world under warranty it was caused by the acid in the marine battery had leaked out. But for you that's a raw deal
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskie4L »

A good part of the problem could come from the type of repair done, if some one filled the area with filler then they would most likely have done some grinding. that being said they may have went a little deep on the edges with the grinding the metal in the boat is thin enough and even if you only sand away a small % of it something is gunna give. Any Aluminium repair requires its own set of tools, for example you cant use a hammer that you use for steal repair on Aluminium. Small pieces of metal get hammered into the Aluminium and that will cause big trouble in time.
Billy Dee
Participant
Participant

Post by Billy Dee »

The maximum claim for Small Claims Court is $25,000. All forms are at www.ontariocourtforms.on.ca

You could go it alone, but for a few hundred $, get a lawyer.

PS - add everyone in your sale chain as a Defendant.
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

Man I agree with Graham...that boat looks like it went aground or broke away from its mooring and smashed into rocks. I wish your Spiderman senses would have kicked in before you purchased that boat. Sounds like lots of warning signs in advance. Keep squeaking and you may get satisfaction.

ratsotail