Buckhams Bay - Amusing Story

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bubbles
Participant
Participant

Buckhams Bay - Amusing Story

Post by Bubbles »

Hi all,

Thought I would share a funny fishing story from Saturday. A buddy and I were fishing the shallows around the buoy just outside Buckham's bay. I have a 12 foot boat with two seats I added last year. After putting them on I realized I used wood screws instead of metal screws to get the seats mounted on the aluminum bench seats. As it took all my reserves of patience on a hot day to put them on I decided to leave them that way until they started to work themselves loose. We were just finsished for the night and heading back to the launch. We were going flat out "9.9 ..not exactly screaming through the water" and were heading into the wake of a boat that went by. My buddy had a pop can on the bench beside him and when we hit the first wave it fell backward. I called out to him to grab it. Just as he leaned back in the seat to grab the pop we hit the second wave and the seat decided it was time to let go. Next thing I see is his feet coming right at me. He landed flat on his back at me feet. I was laughing too hard to help him and he was just pulling himself up when we hit another wave and went right back all over again. At this time we just stopped because we were both laughing too hard to do anything. Not sure if anyone saw us but it would have been quite a sight. We also got a couple of Walleye's, one SM Bass, one Pike and a Barbut. All happily released. It was a hell of a good time!
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hey Bubbles....you look familar :lol: ....i did the same thing....only I used sheet metal screws...short ones...had a buddy with me...took me several months to talk My buddie into going out fishing...opening day of walleye on the Mississippi..two to three foot waves ...wind ,rain...great walleye weather :lol: any way we were trolling ...no problem...but as soon as i hit the trottle and a wave at the same time the seat came off..and fell into the bow of the boat ...he was stuck there alls i could see were two legs flaling in the air and two hand trying to grib the side of very wet and slippery boat...too funny....he never fished with me since....he bought his own boat.....one where the seats are mounted correctly :lol: :roll: :!: :!: