1st Baitcaster

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

1st Baitcaster

Post by Steve G »

I an a new proud owner of my first Bait Caster Rod and Reel...

Shimano Clarus Graphite 6'-6" rod

Model CSC-60M, Power Medium, Action Fast, Line Rating 8-17, Lure Rating 1/4-5/8, Pieces 2, Guide Number T+8

and a Shimano Bantam, Citica Ci-201 reel.

Got out for 6 Hrs yesterday to try it out and only 1 serious overrun...going from spinning gear to a baitcaster, just can not give up on the sidearm cast... :oops:

Sorry no fish to report for the Husky Jerks...YET. :twisted:

Ready now for Caigers!!!
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Congrats Steve, nice rig.

Remember, throwing a baitcaster into the wind can be a humbling experience. Best of luck.

M.T. Livewell
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

You know steve-g Kevin VanDam uses a nice side arm flick with his spinnerbaits... something which i do too as it makes for a lot more delicate landing.

Click the casting button and then adjust the tension until the bait falls slowly... you should be fine with those settings. If it falls too fast and causes the line to loop you'll get into a mess for sure. To be safe make it slightly tighter to help with your casts.. also keep your finger on the spool at the end of a cast to help prevent overrun..

I'm still fairly new to them myself but i'd never go back to just fishing spinning gear but they are still useful to have in the boat.