Why the obsession with bass?...just curious...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

I love the fight of a smallie as well. The bulldog, jump, pull, tug spit and all that other goodness. I also love there colors. The three stripes behind the eyes and best of all....They love the spook and the spook loves them.

BASSSTALKER
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Bass methods are so much more interesting and 'hands on" than techniques used for other species, especially largemouth. They are available in pleasant weather, daytime hours and are challeging while being sufficiently game enough. The only other thing that matches it in my opinion is fly fishing for stream trout on a blue ribbon trout stream. I have tried off and on over twenty years to become a serious walleye fisherman. I took a real hard shot this spring but sorry not for me. I have strong opinions and here's my take: poor fighter, bites best at night (not for me again) or cloudy days. Techniques, other than jigging are dull, use of bait (yuck) trolling (yawn). Numbers of fish in eastern Ontario lakes anyway appear seriously depressed. Other than on the table I cannot understand their popularity. They are a "clean" fish though compared to pike.

Like I said I have strong opinions...hope I didn't offend anyone.
bass ackwards
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bass ackwards »

Early morning mist, dead calm, gin clear water,popper sitting on the surface, BOOM and all hell breaks loose, that why !!!
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

SWEET N EASY

Post by AverageAngler »

BASS FISHING IS GREAT! When you finally get that MONSTER bass on, you will never for get it.
Also they are great fishing for the shore fisherman!
Cheers'
-AA-
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

I really like to catch a variety of fish, but I do admit that a Smallmouth may have to be my favorite. They just act like they are that little dog who thinks he is so much bigger than he is. They fight like heck and are so much fun.
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re..

Post by BBRich »

I like them for tournament competition and because you can find them pretty much everywhere. If I were to target only musky I would fish about twice a year because I barely ever go to waters that hold enough musky to target them! Meanwhile if I want bass I can merely walk 2 blocks to the local pond or to the marina and catch a few in an afternoon. I like catching anything and continue to target other fish throughout bass season, but bass are always tops in my books!