WOW ON THE RIDEAU...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Fishtraks
Participant
Participant

WOW ON THE RIDEAU...

Post by Fishtraks »

i was hangin round the green bouy just west of 416 brdg, when all these tube and wakeboard boats go screaming thru (heading east) 3.5ft of water on the S side of the green bouy
Coming from the west, you have to bear left (port) as you approach the bridge.
If you're fast and south, you're goin thru the shallows
lots of weeds, slime, and fun for you fave engine mech,
Now i see where all the floating seaweed comes from.
they should not be ripping through those shallows
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

And here I thought you were going to blame it on the Bass Boats... :? :?
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

Was it a young lad with his dads boat and a I don't care if it breaks he will fix it attitude
Fishtraks
Participant
Participant

WOW...

Post by Fishtraks »

CG...no, they were all adults towing kids. And they were a good 100 ft inside the bouy....didn't slow down or anything. I was waiting for a huge BANG, but they made it through and kept on going! I was really surprised at the number of boats that did the same thing. :shock:
TMH
Participant
Participant

Post by TMH »

Everytime I fish the rideau I see the same thing.. without fail.. more money then brains syndrome
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

TMH wrote:Everytime I fish the rideau I see the same thing.. without fail.. more money then brains syndrome

so true this statement.... :wink:

its not wort it.. to mutch people here dont care mutch about the waterway and ther natural seroundings.

just going fast and show off. thats there main consern.
Last edited by joco on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Last I checked it wasn't illegal to run your boat in shallow water. :lol:
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

RJ wrote:Last I checked it wasn't illegal to run your boat in shallow water. :lol:
Nope and actually for water skiing or wake boarding it is better near the edge of the shallows or weeds as it dampers the waves from kicking back out to the boat and allows for a smoother ski! Also fun chopping the tops off the lily pads with your water ski. 8)
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Fishtraks
Participant
Participant

wow.

Post by Fishtraks »

RJ and AF...I guess my real concern was that they are destroying the valuable natural habitat of the fish. Is this a valid concern?
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: wow.

Post by almontefisher »

Fishtraks wrote:RJ and AF...I guess my real concern was that they are destroying the valuable natural habitat of the fish. Is this a valid concern?
I would say no worse than running thru with your trolling motor really. The waves are not as bad as what some boats can create and most of the time the weeds multiply when broken etc so it would create more growth and good growth. Other than that it is a bit dangerous if you do not know the area well. I can see your side of things as well and have been on your end with the skiers. That is just a little respect for the water though.

ORWL
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Legislation has been passed to restrict speed of recreational boats to 10 kilmetres per hour within 30 metres of shore. Quebec, the Maritimes, and B.C. are considering following the lead of Ontario and the Prairies. The Canadian Coast Guard wants to have it consistent across Canada.

thats is like 100 feet both side off the rideau river in this case..or all lake or rivers.

there is a thing..if you got a skier in the back you can get closer to let him go and start.

but those big boats pr bass boats or wathever boats under 100 feet frome shore 10kmh.that is it.

i just hope they all get ticked..if you can get that fast its because you can pay the gas so go ahead and pay that ticket. 8) :lol: :twisted: .

OPP should be there all sumer long in force...they say they dont anaugh police force man only the ticket they would guive would pay a lot more police officer and bring the water safer.

joco

http://boating.ncf.ca/speed.html
Last edited by joco on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Yes you are right Joco but that is the boat. Most skiers have around 40-100ft of line behind the boat which would make the boat further away. Now a skier will zip into shore and leave the boat in the channel. No concerns for the boat breaking this law.

ORWL
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

if you have skier its deferent..but this is to get him or out..not to ski inline close to shore. and yes you are right the skier can get closer..but the skier is not the one that is dangeous..ok mabe some are hahaha but the boat is.

but i did see some skier 2 weeks ago and they come to us and said they would ski around and they told us where they were going and all..man that was realy nice off them and very profesionel..2 thumbs up for those skiers near osgood on the rideau for that.

but the other smart a $$ in boats that jus fly past us and almost did hit some canoers and other people closer to shore........i got no respect at all.

joco..