SHORE FISHIN?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

SHORE FISHIN?

Post by AverageAngler »

Hey All,
It seems I am havin bad luck at the Manotic Mill. I was looking for some sweet holes in the Ottawa area? Any suggestions on some holes for shore fishing? Any species will do!
Cheers
-AA-
Chrome_A_Saurus
Participant
Participant

Post by Chrome_A_Saurus »

Hey there AA, having been a shore fisherman in Ottawa for many years there are a couple spots that should be mentioned....All along carelton U there are some real nice smallies and walleye ....bronson bridge at the right time is a good bet as well. I see you are up around b-haven.... you can always try your luck at the jock just the other side of the S-bends on greenbank.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Chrome
Muskie_legend
Participant
Participant

Post by Muskie_legend »

I fish the jock at greenbank quite a bit and its a great spot. I've caught a few smallmouth there using plastics. Also Try using live minnows in the rapids for muskie, I caught one last year doing this.
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

shore

Post by AverageAngler »

I have fished the Jock many many times...its the only place I have ever seen anyone catch Walleye top water! I havent fished any of the canal...YET, but I will! Hows the fishing on The Ottawa River by the rifle range? Any clue?
Karack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Karack »

AA - You must be talking about Shirley's Bay. I've caught a couple of smallies a couple of buckmouths and a 38" Gar there so far this summer in just a couple of outings.

Let me know if you want to head out there some time, I'm like 5 minutes away from there.

Karack